Chapter One

"Ow, my fucking head." I say as I wake up in my cold cell. I look around to see if I had to get tested again, but no one was around. I slowly get out of the moldy old cot and walk to the cell doors, I glance around but there's no guards. I go back to the cot and lay down to get rid of this headache.

I wake up to a guard banging on my cell door. Accompanied by two scientists he unlocks the door and rips me from the cot and grips my arm to make sure I don't run away. We start walking for what felt like an eternity, ending up in the experimentation room. The things you see in this room will scar you for the rest of your natural life, crimes against humanity. I shudder as I'm forced to lay on the examination table surrounded by these madmen. I stare at the ceiling as the bastard who has us all under testing, Doctor Victor Serkov, gives one of his infamous speeches on how he can make the world a better place. As soon as his mouth stops flapping bullshit he walks over to me and smiles menacingly.

"So Patient 713, are you going to cause me trouble like you usually do?" He asked in his thick accent.

I chuckle. "No promises you prick."
Serkov then slaps me and straps me to the table. He grabs a small syringe full of some liquid. He injects me with the needle and unstraps me so everyone can watch what happens. My chest starts pounding harder and harder with every passing second. My body feels like it's freezing and burning at the same time. I can't think straight, it's to hard to breathe. The guard walks over to me and drags me back to my cell. He grabs my collar and throws me in the room like I'm just trash. The worst part about that wasn't me landing on my head but that my life came swirling back before my eyes. Memories of my mother, my little sister Sierra. My father hated both Sierra and I, the things he did to us when mom wasn't around was horrible. I remember specifically hiding behind the couch in tears, curled up in a ball. Dad's shouting still haunts me to this day. I must've been in a pretty bad condition since the guards were shouting at me to quit screaming and crying. I couldn't stop, they grabbed me from my cell and dragged me to the generator room, threw me inside a generator and turned it on to electrocute me until either I stop screaming or die. Though I doubt that Serkov would want his most valuable test subject killed so early.

They turn the machine off and I still feel electricity flowing through me, I jump every time my heart beats. They pull me out and toss me back in my cell again and I just spastically jerk every now and again. I pass out after I hear a scream down the hall. I bolt awake from hearing gunshots down the hall, ringing down the halls for what seems like ages. The guards in this hallway charge after whatever they're trying to kill. Just as quickly a dark flash passes through the hall laughing, causing all the cells to shatter and free every test subject. I hesitantly look out of my cell and see that everyone has already left the cells and I charged out towards the fire exit that I've seen so many scientists come and go through. I quickly charge through the the crowds and get to the door. Before I even got a chance to open the door, my shoulder is in searing pain and wet blood drips down my arm. I grasp the wound and turn to see Serkov pointing a handgun at me, smiling.

"There's no escape Equanox, remember this." Serkov laughs coldly. I shake as he pulls the hammer back and aims at me.

I close my eyes and wait for the inevitable end. Yet I hear a gunshot and Serkov screaming in anger as he gets shot in the leg. I open my eyes and charge out the door. Into the snow, into the cold, a death wish. I run as fast as I can, even with the extreme amount of blood dripping down my arm. My vision begins to blur and things start going to shit. Dogs bark in the distance. I climb up a nearby tree to the best of my ability. I lean against the tree as I lay on a branch, waiting to see if they'll see me up here or not. I look down slowly to see if they see me, I realize to little to late that there's a trail of blood in the snow.

"Shit..." I whisper as I slowly drift in and out of conciseness. I rock over to my right and fall into the bloodied snow. Before I blacked out I heard two soldiers talking.

"Get him back to base, we need to the Overseer to see this..."