Chapter Ten

"So I guess you two are-?" I asked

"Twins?" Ivory answered.
"Yes" Ebony replied.

"Great so as of now, my friends are captured, I about died, and now I have to put up with three mercenaries. Perfect." I complained.

"Could be worse. You could be dead." Jeremiah said as he cleaned off his medic's pistol. He propped himself up on some scrap.

I pulled out that knife Ferox gave me and I threw it into the metal. I growled in frustration.

"Why does everything have to happen to me?" I shout. I start to run back up towards the road, but get stopped by Ebony.

"How about we give you a lift?" Ebony asked. She pulled out her keys and pressed a button. In seconds a black and yellow sports car rolled up by the railing.

"Gotta love the McLaren." Ebony laughed. She tossed me into the passenger seat and I saw Slade and Ivory get into separate cars. Maddison hops in the driver seat and revs the engine. We speed off down the highway towards what I believe is Shelic City. It's been ages since I've been here and it's all changed. We kept going and drove through the city until we got to a hospital.

"Those numbers led us here? To a hospital?" Ebony sighed.

I get out of the car and walk to the doors. I go through the doors and walk to the counter.

"Victor wanted to see me?" I said politely as possible. The woman led me to the elevator and told me to go to the tenth floor. I press the button and went straight up. The doors open and Serkov's lab flashed back to me. I slowly walked towards the cells and I see Kytria curled in a ball, Ferox sitting in the corner in tears, Sierra was laying on the ground, and Fringe was mumbling. I bust the lock on the one with Sierra inside.

"Sierra? Sierra! Snap out of it!" I shout, I shake her to try and wake her up.

Sierra was still out. Nothing was gonna wake her up. I heard the elevator ding and I look outside the cell. Jeremiah had arrived finally. He stood in the doorway.

"You gonna help out? Or stand there staring at me?" I said. He was making me nervous. I turn back to Sierra and propped her up against the wall. I then begin to feel numb, my body shut down and I fell asleep.

I woke up again moments later to be strapped to a table. Slade was standing in the corner flipping a coin with a smirk on his face.

"Always root for the highest bidder." Jeremiah chuckled.

I could feel something on my neck but I couldn't tell what it was. I twist to the best of my abilities to look at the cells. Sierra and the others looked horrified. The straps loosen and I rise up. A ping goes off and for some reason I couldn't control my actions.

"Kill them Stormer, kill them!" A voice said in my head. Serkov's voice.

My body stops and I clutch my head.

"Get out of my mind! Get out!" I shout.

"Kill them all, become the strongest and end their lives!" Serkov chanted inside my head.

"I won't! I refuse!" My knees buckle and I keep my grasp on my head.

"You must! You're worthless to them!"

"Get out of my head you bastard! I will never kill my family!" I roared and unleashed a massive ice blast that had completely destroyed the room. "You may have invaded my mind but you will never have control!"

I slam my fist on the ground, shattering the ice beneath me.

"Stormer, what the hell has gotten into ya?" Ferox asked.

Serkov's voice fades and I catch my breath, slowly standing up in front of my friends. They all get out of their cells by kicking the frozen door of its hinges. I hug Sierra when I get over to her.

"Well we're just like you now Snowflake. Serkov had injected is with that Element 786 crap." Ferox said.

"So far it seems Kytria and Stormer have only had the long term effects." Cole said as he helped Kytria to her feet.

"Yeah, kinda." Kytria said wearily.

"Now what? Did he say where he's goin' next?" Ferox asked.

I turn and Slade had vanished. Perfect, we now have three mercenaries, a crazed scientist, and a assassin trying to kill us.

Sirens appeared out of nowhere and I run to the window. I toss the frosted curtains aside and look outside. Every single cop in Shelic City was outside plus the Fire Deparment.

"Kytria, think you can pull off one more of those light shows like you did on Serkov's ship? Except try and concentrate it into something smaller." I asked nervously.

"I'll try." Kytria sighed. Cole backed away and Kytria held her hands close together. A glowing violet orb formed and she pulled one arm back as if she was shooting a bow.

"Stand back!" Sierra shouted.

I shatter the window and the orb turned into a glowing, violet bow. I hit the ground and an arrow flies past my head. I get up quickly to see all the police and fire department are tethered to where the arrow hit.

"C'mon lets go before they can find us!" Kytria called from the door.