chapter 4

Zak was having fun with the leaf-board. A snake slid by to eat Zak, but luckily for him, it missed. Zak grinned. However, the leaf crashed, making Zak fly off of it and ended up in front of a hungry looking goanna.

"Uh-oh." Zak mutters, and then tried to run.

The goanna followed Zak like he was prey and going to be lunch for him. If he was going to eat somebody, it was going to be him. Zak screamed. The goanna continued to go after Zak, attempting to eat him on the way, not letting anything stop him.

Cherry, the fairy, and Batty kept looking all over for him, once they saw the overgrown lizard with him, they tried to stop the stalking. Zak was terrified, he would be eaten if caught. The goanna eventually caught Zak in his tongue and slurped him up.

"No, you can't eat him!" the fairy scolded the lizard. "He's a human!"

The goanna tilted his head. "What's a human?"

"Delicious and nutritious," Batty grinned. "Tastes just like chicken!"

"Spit him out right now!" Cherry demanded firmly.

The fairy flew to the lizard with one hand on her hip. "He's my friend and so is the other one!" she said so the goanna wouldn't eat Cherry either.

"Well... Any friends of a fairy is a friend of mine..." the goanna said, then spit Zak right out.

Zak was disgusted by the saliva.

"Thanks a lot..." Cherry glanced to the goanna.

The fairy flew to Zak to see if he was okay, that must of been a very unpleasant experience. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay." Zak says softly, and looked at the fairy.

"Also... I'm sorry for shrinking you..." she apologized.

"That's okay, but why did you shrink us?" Cherry then asked the fairy.

"Well, it was the most amazing thing..." the fairy smiled, walking underneath the tree branch with ease. "Of course... It's not really what the spell is supposed to do, but I'll get Magi Lune to fix you."

Zak followed.

"We better buzz off, it's getting late." the fairy suggested.

Zak, so not to be rude, helped Cherry along.

Hexxus laughed as he was taking over Katie, making her into the perfect 'soulmate'. Katie told Tony and Ralph that they should increase the work, no breaks.

"No breaks!?" Tony sounded outraged at first.

Even Ralph looked shocked.

"That way, it'll be done quicker~" Katie smiled, her eyes almost glowing. "Come on, boys, you'll... Be amply rewarded~" she then cooed, winking.

Tony blushed, then looked to Ralph with a sheepish chuckle. "Can't disappoint the pretty lady, can't we..."

"No... We can't." Ralph agreed.

"Good boys~" Katie purred and them went back to where she was sitting before.

'That's a good dear...' Hexxus chuckled once things went his way. 'I promise for you to be rewarded...'

Katie smiled and looked up towards the fumes coming out of the funnel. Soon that would be the way her Boss could look out from. Hexxus laughed and he was poisoning Katie's mind with what he called 'Toxic Love'. Katie smirked and started to softly sing a song that felt 'just right'.

Hexxus could see it now, thanks to the help of greedy human beings with their beautiful machines, he was going to lead them to kill off the forest for good and make the ones pay for imprisoning him and locking him up in that tree for all those years. Katie sung with Hexxus, and she even climbed up to sit by the funnel. Hexxus laughed wickedly, it sounded darker and scarier the more the deforestation passed.