chapter 1

Katie hummed as she waited for her bag to come around. She was wearing a thin long sleeved top, a light and airy gypsy style skirt and flats. Her hair was tied up in a low ponytail. Cherry was also there, she wore a short-sleeved hooded jacket, which was actually a swimsuit cover up, and it was white with blue stripes and she had blue Capri pants to match it, her hair was in a ponytail too, for if she wore her hair down, it would frizz out, get greasy, and leave her with a hairy situation of a mess.

"This is going to be great... My first proper job." Katie smiled. They were going to help some people with the project on the rainforest. She planned on counting how many trees they had to take down and planned to plant some more in a different place to make up for it.

"Yeah..." Cherry smiled, she was going to be with Katie during it. "Um... Do you know how hot this place is?" she then pouted, not being too keen on the heat.

"It's going to be hot... So we better get as much air con time while we wait for our bags while we can." Katie smiled.

"Yeah..." Cherry agreed to that, she then quickly embraced as much coolness as she could while she was still here and they would leave to Australia.

Katie chuckled. "Silly Nee-bear." she smiled.

Cherry simply stuck her tongue out. "Oh, go eat a poison cookie..." she told her, not in a literal sense, just joking around due to how sisterly the two were with each other.

"Point me in the right direction?" Katie winked, playing along.

"I think I saw exploding pies over there." Cherry giggled and looked to a little bakery shop where most people were getting donuts or cupcakes for their flights.

"Ooh~ there are our bags." Katie smiled.

Cherry stuck her tongue out again. "Why does this always have to take so long?" she couldn't help but moan a little, but she went with Katie to collect their things before going outside.

Katie chuckled. "Because time is mean like that." she said.

"Tell me about it, when the sixth period bell at school takes a million years to ring." Cherry retorted, then grabbed her bag once she spotted it.

Katie picked up her bag. She then walked ahead just by one step, to lead Cherry out of the airport.

"Gaaaugh,... Sun... Ow..." Cherry groaned once they walked outside for the first time.

Katie pulled out two sun hats to help shade them from the sun.

"Thanks..." Cherry felt a little bit better. "Now what do we do?"

"Wait for our ride..." Katie says, looking around.

A pick-up truck came up to the entrance of the airport.

Cherry looked around and noticed the truck that had guys in it. "Looks like we're the only girls..." she commented, not that she had a problem with it before, she often hung around boys more than girls growing up.

Katie chuckled, smiling.

"Katie and Cherry?" One of the guys asked, a young looking lad, with blonde hair.

"Yes, that's us..." Cherry looked to him as she came closer to see their possible new friends, but for now, colleagues.

Katie nodded.

The boy came over and lifted their bags. "I'm Zak and I'm afraid you guys'll have to ride in the back." he says.

"It's not too far, is it?" Cherry asked since she would be in the backseat, at least Katie would be there with her though.