Chapter 20: Improvisation is key

When you see my face hope it gives you hell,hope it gives you hell!

When you walk my way hope it gives you hell,hope it gives you hell!

"Shut the damn music already!" Doris yelled at the top of her lungs whilst banging on Agnes's door.

But all she got as a response was an irritated groan.

That's where Doris drew the line, Agnes was being a prick about the whole thing and plain selfish that she won't let anyone help her. So she resulted on kicking down her door like the classy bitch she was.

Agnes felt her blanket being ripped away and the cold air hit her body.

"What the hell?!? Doris just leave me alone already,I don't need all your help or sympathy" Agnes threw her pillow at Doris harshly.

Doris' jaw gaped at Agnes and that just fueled her even more.

"You did not just fucking do that" she sneered and lunged at Agnes.

They were both trashing around,"I'm. Trying. To fucking. Help you" Doris tried gripping her arms but Agnes slapped her hands away but finally Doris pinned Agnes's wrists above her head.

"I told you, I don't need help." She gritted through her teeth.

"Yes you do! You're not eating right,all you do is cocoon in your room with too much violent music and when's the last time you smiled?" Doris said softly towards the end. "I know you feel played but you need to talk it out. Especially with Hunter"

Agnes tensed visibly and, "THAT BASTARD CAN GO TO HELL FOR ALL I CARE! I HOPE HE GETS HIT BY A TRUCK,I HOPE HE GETS FUCKING STD'S, I HOPE ALL THOSE SATANS DROWN IN DEVIL'S FILTH" she yelled making Doris' eyes widened.

Agnes took that opportunity to release herself from her grip.Doris toppled over and fell to the ground.

Agnes sat at the edge of her bed, her head in her hands. Doris got up,trying to sooth her leg and sat next to the copper brown haired girl.

"I'm sorry Aggy, I know it hurts but-"

"But nothing. I trusted the wrong person. I got played by my best friend since kindergarten. And I stupidly fell for him. You know what's fucked up? I didn't even get a chance to have my moments with him. The moments where I knew what all those stupid cliche butterflies were"

"Where I knew why I couldn't think straight when I was around him. Now I didn't even get a chance to tell him all these things." Agnes sniffled slightly and leaned her throbbing head on Doris' shoulder.

"I've cried,I sobbed until my eyes were crying from all the crying, I felt like stabbing myself so the pain would distract me and it's all just whatever now. Talk about my first high school heartbreak" she chuckled humorlessly to herself.

"You sure you're gonna be okay?" Doris asked.

"When your best friend which you had a crush on made a bet with a guy about your feelings, then the other guy made you actually fall for him and both of them have slept or is sleeping with the one person you despise, you kinda feel like it's the end of the world." Agnes hiccuped which made Doris giggle but she continued, "I'll get through it"

"I'll be there, we're all gonna be there for you" Doris said reassuringly.

Agnes nodded and smiled for the first time in a while, "Thanks. You're not that bad"

"That's what I've been saying to everybody"

"I'm gonna shower"

"Yeah,you smell like pig's ass"