Chapter 5

“Mom, why can’t I have an apple like Uncle Dalton!” Lily moaned watching Dalton munch on an apple.

“Typical so now you to be healthy!” I said getting up and going to fetch another apple.

“I like this girl, she has good taste in food!” Dalton smiled with a grin on his face.

 “No not you are, its you're?” Gabe attempted to teach Lily to do his famous quote.

“Ohh so if you're not Cuban, you're not Cuban?”

“Yes! She can do it!” Gabe cheered picking her up and spinning her around.

“Yaay okay so let me try this, Dana, if you're not Cuban, you're not Cuban?” Lily winked at Dana oh god Gabe is teaching her to be a young nerd.

 “Gabe could you not teach my daughter your nerdy lines?” I asked taking her off him and handing her the apple.

 “Hey I can’t help it! She has skills!” Time soon flew by and next thing I knew it was getting dark outside and Lily was fast asleep on Dana’s chest. “I forgot to ask you guys why Will isn’t here?” I asked

 “Well we needed someone to keep Kat and Cole busy and well Will was the last one to call dibs so he got stuck keeping them entertained.” Gabe explained.

 *Dalton's POV*

 I looked at little Lily asleep on Dana’s chest her cute hair falling slightly in front of her face. She was bound to have perfect straight hair, Cole and Emma both has straight hair. She looked so sweet and cute as she slept on Dana, she was completely clueless to what her Mom had done for her and Cole.

 “Dalton, are you alright bro?” dana nudged me knocking me out of my trail of thoughts.

 “Yeah I’m um fine just it’s just a shock, how couldn’t Cole want all this how could he not want his gorgeous daughter and how could he make Carly do what she has done? It’s not right Dana.” I whispered back to him while Carly was distracted talking to Gabe about Kat and Will I think.

 “I know it’s not right is it, god I feel proud of her though how she has gone through it all without anyone and kept it quiet for so long, I don’t know how she has she must have been so scared.”  He was right because of Cole, my cousin has had to go through all this alone and it’s not right. “Dalton I know what you are thinking we can’t confront him about this, he must not know we’ve been here today you promised Car!” Dana took me out of my thoughts again how could he read my mind like that.

 “Fine but you better keep me away from him for a while Dana.” We left after a while to let Carly and Lily go to sleep telling her I would ring her tomorrow and we can meet up with Will next time which she seemed to be happy about.

Nearly a week had passed since we saw Carly and met Lily. Kat and Will had found out when they went to meet her, at first Kat was furious with Cole and at us for going without telling her but soon calmed down, we all had been furious with him but had learned to deal with it a bit now.

 *KNOCK KNOCK*

The door knocked alerting the attention of everyone all knowing who it was; Carly. She was coming over to the house today for the first time in years to see us all since Cole was out for the day meeting someone apparently.

 “I’ll get it!” Kat said standing up and running towards the door down stairs. We heard muffled talking as they got closer towards our room.

 “Hey everyone!” Carly said giving a light wave as she entered but you could tell she was a bit busy looking around the familiar rooms.

 “Hey Carly!” We all shouted getting up and giving her a hug each, she had left Lily at play care today so it was her day off really.