Chapter 1

I sat in the living room of my cold apartment watching the rain drops hit against the cold glass window then falling swiftly down till the bottom of my window sill. When I was little I would sit there for hours just watching the rain drops on days like this. Today was always going to be a quiet day like it is every year because every year I remember what happened on this day a few years ago - the day my whole life changed completely.

I turned my head and looked away from the window with a large sigh to see my beautiful daughter Lily sat playing happily with her toy doll without a care in the world. I sometimes wish I could be like her, just have everything in your world completely mad and still be happy and playing with a doll.

"Mom I’m hungry!" She then moaned walking over to me with her arms in the air wanting me to pick her up.

"Well shall we go see what we have to eat?" I asked picking her up giving her a warm cuddle before walking towards the kitchen/dining area. It had been just me and Lily her whole life, we didn’t have anyone else and Lily knew nobody else.

"Hmm chocolate and gummy bears!" she shouted with a big grin on her face. She seemed to like that mixture, which was weird but oh well I had to agree with her it tasted quite nice.

"Lily you have already had 2 bags of gummy bears this morning you don’t need any more, but we can have some chocolate." I said placing her down on the floor while I retrieved the chocolate from the cupboard.

"Mom, can I ask you something?" she asked taking the chocolate from my hand, Lily wasn’t just any 3 year old she was quite smart and sweet in a way and most of all could always tell when her mom was upset.

"Of course babe."

"Why are you upset today? Is it to do with Daddy?" She asked eating the chocolate messily.

"Lily Pozzy, I told you not to worry about me." I said tapping her nose lightly making her giggle.

"Mom that isn’t my name!" she protested. It was her name well not the name me and her knew, it was the fake name we tell everyone else, the Pozzy bit wasn’t my last name either it was from my mom's side instead of my dad's which is Rapattoni, I had no choice but to change it too Pozzy if I kept it as Rapattoni people would get suspicious.

"Sorry I mean Lily Pozzy Pendery, but remember babe that name is a secret." I replied with, yes you might have guessed by now Lily’s dad isn’t just any dad he was one of the five amazing boys adored by thousands of girls he was Cole Pendery, the Cole Pendery and his best friend was my cousin and old best friend Dalton Rapattoni.

"Yeah I remember Mom, but I love my full name." She said smiling widely reveiling a row of small baby teeth.

"I know I do too baby." I replied with quietly as I watched her slowly toddle back into the living room as a small tear fell down my cheek. Suddenly the door knocked loudly but to an unusual rhythmic beat. I wonder who that is, I thought to myself, we never got visitors because just like I said before it is me and Lily. I sighed deeply whipping away the tear that had fallen gently down my cheek and walked to the door thinking back to four years ago today the last time I saw Lily’s Dad, Cole Pendery.