Happy Birthday, Niall!

Molly's POV

Blue dress with a pink bow?

Too classy.

Red pencil skirt with a black v-neck?

Even more classy.

Jesus, Molly. Stop over dressing for this date- I mean dinner with Niall.

Oh who am I kidding, this is such a date!

Black sweatpants and green hoodie?

"Molly, you want to impress Niall, not scare him away," I muttered to myself quietly.

I flipped through my dressy shirts, but I gave up once I started getting into my t-shirts. I moved over to the other part of my cabinet and started to look at my sundresses.

As I neared the end, my eyes nearly popped out as I spotted the next piece of clothing. It  was the perfect sunflower sundress. I quickly grabbed a pair of tan sandels and sprinted to the bathroom, needing to get changed. I unzipped the back of the dress and slipped my legs through the opening, and reached behind my back to zip it up.

Crap, I can't reach it

"This is when I wish my arms are freakishly long," I whined as I tried once again to zip it up but my attempt had no effect.

"Are you okay?" I heard a male voice ask on the other side if the door. I stopped midway and slowly turned to the door. I hesitantly opened it to see Louis standing there with his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised questionably.

"Can you zip up my dress for me?" I bowed my head to disguise my blush as he laughed and nodded. I blushed even more when I remembered that my black bra was on view in the bathroom so it was also on view for Louis.

"There ya go!" He clapped once he was done.

"Thank you so much!" Louis nodded and I can tell he wanted to say something else. As he stayed silent, I quirked my eyebrow up at him.

"Go easy on Niall tonight. The prank was my fault and he didn't even want to do it. He really likes you, Molly." I could feel my cheeks head up and my head spin as I took in his words. 

"You mean it?" I asked, not sure what to trust. 

"I cross my heart. Tonight is everything for Niall, he actually wants to make it up you.

"Good to know," I quickly smiled before heading back to the bathroom, wanting to finish getting ready. Before I shut the door, I added, "You also suck for that prank. You're on my shit list for the time being."

I closed the door then, but could hear Louis belt out a laugh. 

____

"Princess!" I groaned inwardly as I heard Louis' voice. "Your prince is waiting for you, Darling!"

I quickly grabbed my purse and slowly walked to the front of the bus.

"Ah, don't you just look so gorgeous! What do you think guys?" Louis mocked a girl voice and brought a hand up to his cheek in adoration. "Just delightful."

"Shut up, Lou. Where's Ni?" I straightened out the bottom of my dress as I looked around, not spotting Niall. 

"He's outside," I jumped slightly as I heard Harry's voice behind me. I slowly turned around and saw Harry gleaming.

"Alright, see you guys later!" I gave Louis and Harry a slight wave as I opened the door. I jumped down and looked around, trying to spot the blonde haired boy.

"Over here!" My head snapped to the right and my breath hitched. Niall was leaning against one of the rental cars and looked like he walked right out of a movie. 

I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear as I forced my feet to walk forward.

"You look absolutely stunning, Molly." Niall whispered as he wrapped his arms around my waist for a hug.

"So do you," I blushed as I brought my hands to the back of his neck. "I-I mean you look handsome, not- never mind."

He chuckled a bit and then said, "Shall we go?"

"Please."

_______

"Do you remember the time when I threw a rock at your window at 3 a.m. to try and act like those cliché guys in movies, but it actually broke your window and the security alarm went off?"

I almost choked on the steak that I currently was chewing as Niall brought back that memory.

"And then the police showed up!" I cracked up laughing as I remembered Niall's scared face as the police questioned him.

The dinner date has actually been going fantastic. We had salsa and guacamole as an appetizer and I had ordered a steak while Niall ordered 4 fajitas.

"I was scared shitless," Niall added.

"Do you mind if I use the restroom?" I took the napkin off my lap and scooted my chair out as Niall gestured for me to go, mouthful of food.

I heard my footsteps on the floor as I turned the corner and pushed the door open. As soon as I entered the bathroom, I was greeted with a mirror. I touched my cheek and giggled, wondering why I still had a smile on my face. I dug into my purse, re-applied my lipgloss and mascara, and left the stuffy room.

As I headed back, I stopped quickly and went to the front desk.

"Can I help you, miss?" The lady asked me.

"Ehm- yes. Do you see that boy?" I pointed to Niall and the lady nodded. "Well his birthday is today and I was wondering if you could do that singing thing with the dessert?"

"Of course. Thank you for notifying us! We'll do the song after your dinner is served," the waitress smiled at me as we talked about the details.

___________

"That was so good!" I groaned as the waiter picked up my plate and left.

"You could say that again," Niall retorted and smiled at me. "Those fajitas were absolute to die for."

"Are you still hungry?"

Niall nodded and gave me a questioning look as the staff piled out of the kitchen. "What's going on?" He asked as they surrounded out table.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you Niall, Happy Birthday to you!"

I started to laugh uncontrollably as Niall's face was stiff with confusion. A man sat a giant cake on the table and everyone left.

"Free dessert is what happened," I spoke as I turned the cake towards Niall so he could read the writing.

"Point for Team Badass," he read slowly, trying to figure out what it meant. "Molly!"

___________

"I had a lot of fun, Niall." I pushed the car door shut and walked toward the hood.

"I'm glad and so did I. We really should-" he paused for a moment and scratched the back of his neck nervously. "-do this another time."

I quickly nodded, and walked over to Niall to wrap my arms around his neck. After a bit, he returned the favor and wrapped his arms around my waist. As I laid my head his shoulder, I whispered in his ear.

"Oh and by the way, you're most definitely forgiven." I pulled away slightly and hesitantly kissed his cheek slightly, making my own cheeks go red.

I started to walk towards the bus, but was quickly pulled back and spun around by Niall. 

Before I knew it, Niall's lips were on mine.