Chapter 6

I couldn't help but be somewhat upset. I really like Jason, but like everyone else, he chose Maddie over me.

All I knew, was that I had to go to the game. There was no other choice for me. I couldn't prove to Jason, Maddie, and everyone else that they had won. I had to come out the winner.

I also decided I would try out for the soccer team. Big dreams, I know. But I needed to prove I wouldn't let them get me down. I could also meet new people, and make some friends.

So as I drove to the game, I made a lot of big decisions.

I debated whether to stop tutoring, I decided I would try out for the soccer team, and I decided to ignore Jason like my life depended on it.

I knew these choices would impact my life greatly, but I wouldn't let them ruin me.

I must admit, I was nervous walking into the game. Then I thought, why be nervous? Nobody cares what I do, they are just here to watch the game. Well most of them anyway.

Seeing Mrs. Wheeler here scared me though. I would have to tell her that I could no longer tutor Jason. So that is what I did.

"Hi Mrs. Wheeler." I said, shyly.

"Hello Liz! How are you? I heard about the concussion." She said, kindly. With a big smile.

"I am doing okay. Thank you for asking. I need to tell you something though." I said, nervously.

"Go right ahead!" She said.

"Well, I can not tutor Jason anymore." I said, with all the confidence I could muster.

"I can not stop you from making that choice." She said. "But I want you to know, his grades are improving, and that I will tell him on Monday."

"Thank you so much!" I said, hugging her.

I then ran to get a seat before they were all gone. Of course I ended up in the seat behind the cheerleaders. And the captain of the cheerleaders was the one and only, Maddie.

"Buzzkill! What are you doing here?" She yelled at me. Her minions standing behind her, snickering.

"Me?" I asked. "I thought you were talking to her." I said, as I pointed to minion #1.

Everyone in the crowd started laughing. At my joke! That rarely happens.

"Ugh!" Maddie huffed. "I was obviously talking to you!" She nearly screeched.

"No need to go banshee on me." I said, defensively.

"Stop that right now!" Maddie yelled.

"No thanks." I said, in a bored tone.

The crowd was really laughing now, and it was because I was making jokes.

What Maddie said next is what I will never forget though.

"Jason! Honey! Tell Liz to stop making fun of me!" She cried, fakely of course.

"Liz!" He said, running over, and taking his helmet off. "Why are you making fun of her! She didn't do anything to provoke you!"

"Are you so sure about that." I said, standing up. "She has done plenty of things!" I said, getting louder on every word I spoke. "Trust me when I say, you know nothing. About me, about my life, and about what she has done to me." I spat.

"Really now." He said, amused. "I know that you are a spoiled brat because you are an only child, with a rich daddy. I also know you live the high life. And finally I know she has done nothing." He said, with a smirk.

"See." I said. "You just proved my point. Nobody here knows anything about me. Did you know I have a academic scholarship to Yale? No. Because nobody did. And that is just one example." I said, with a sneer.

"Wow." He said, with a yawn. "I am so very impressed! Now if you could stop picking on my girlfriend, that'd be great." He said. Then he kissed Maddie, put on his helmet, and ran back to the field.

I couldn't say it didn't hurt, when he said that she was his girlfriend. But as I said before, he chose Maddie over me. And that will never change. So I guess it is time to move on.