Chapter 3

The first session was done, and over with. He didn't seem to need that much help, but every once in awhile he would ask me.

Once I got home, I went straight to my dad's office. I always hoped he would be home, he usually never was though.

I knocked on his office door. And was surprised when I got a response.

"Come in." He murmured, softly through the door.

So I walked in, and hugged him from behind.

"Hi daddy!" I said, joyfully.

"Hey baby girl." He said, turning around. So we were hugging. "How was school?"

"It was okay, I already have someone in need of tutoring!" I said.

"I don't know if that's a good or bad thing." He said, laughing.

"Good for me! Not so much for them!" I said, laughing as well.

"I'm so proud of you. I'm afraid I have bad news for you though." He said, with a very straight face.

"What is it dad? I'm sure I can handle it!" I said.

"Well you see." He said. "Your mother wants full custody of you." He said the last part so quietly I couldn't hear it.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"Your mother wants full custody of you." He said, near tears. "She set up a court day."

I couldn't handle it. I was wrong. All the memories of her came flooding bad.
Her yelling at me. Her cheating on my dad. Her hitting me. Her leaving dad and I. It became so much, that I started to see black spots dot my vision. Soon the black covered my vision completely, and I was falling.

The last thing I heard was, "Liz!" before I fell into the dark.

The Quarterbackजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें