Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

When Ivy woke the next day she felt somewhat better, her back still hurt but the pain was not as sharp. She knew that she had over reacted the night before. Yes she hated living here but she should never had carried on the way she had. She was just so scared, seeing what Alpha Larsen’s wolves were doing to Brody, and having Larsen attack her was all just too much for her.

As soon as she had climbed out of bed and had a shower, she made her way downstairs to the medical room so she could see Brody, she needed to see that he was alright. She would never forgive her self if he wasn’t. Him being injured was all her fault. If she didn’t live here at the pack house Larsen would never have attacked.

She opened the door to the medical room, and sucked in a breath as soon as she noticed Brody’s bruised face. The wolves had really done a number on him.

“He is going to be alright Ivy” Liam said

Ivy had been so focused on Brody that she hadn’t even noticed his father sitting beside the bed. A tear leaked from her eye “He is hurt because of me” She said softly.

Liam stood from his chair and walked over to her wrapping her in his arms. “Larsen had always had a chip on his shoulder ever since Kane had taken over the pack, he was just using you as an excuse to attack”

“Then why did he just attack me if he wanted to attack the pack?” She asked

“Because Larsen knew how much Kane cared about you, if he had succeeded in hurting you he knew he would weaken Kane, he would be so focused on you that when Larsen planned to attack he would have had a chance at winning”

She wasn’t sure if she believed him but was grateful to him, she gave him a small smile “Thank you Liam” She said. she looked over to Brody “Has he woken yet?” She asked

“He has, his body is healing so its best that he sleeps” He starts to pull Ivy over to the bed “You can sit with him if you like, I need to go check on Rayne, Hailey and Shelby. They are pretty upset”

“Are they mad at me?” She asked softly

“No Ivy, no one is mad at you. This wasn’t your fault”

She looked up at him and smiled “Thanks Liam”

“Here you are, we were looking for you” Kane said walking into the room.

She glanced behind her to find that both her father’s had walked into the room. “I wanted to check on Brody” She told him.

“Well I need to be going, If Brody wakes tell him I will be back soon” Liam said before walking out of the room.

“How are you feeling today?” Kane asked her.

“fine I guess” She said “Liam seems to think that Larsen used me as an excuse to attack”

“We think that is what happened, we talked about it last night and that seems to be the most likely reason he attacked.”

She nodded her head but didn’t say anything.

“Ivy” Carter said walking over to her “Do you remember what happened to the wolves that had attacked Brody”

She closed her eyes “They were hurting him, I was so scared that they were going to kill him” She said softly, she opened her eyes and stared at Carter “I don’t know how I did it, but I somehow threw them off of him and into the trees. I didn’t even touch them. One minute they were all on him they next they were flying across the sky” She laughed softly "I don't even know if it was really me who did it."