Chapter Twenty Three

Hailey woke the next morning with a smile on her face. Jason had spent the whole day with her yesterday, they talked about everything and nothing but it was the best day of her life. She realized as they were talking that they had a lot more in common then she originally thought. She could see them having a future together.

Although she was enjoying his company she couldn’t help but worry about how he will react to finding out what she is, this was one of the problems with mating with humans, They had no idea that werewolves and werelions existed and when they found out they usually don’t take the news well.

She sighed and rolled over facing the man of her thoughts, he was still sleeping. Lifting her hand she ran a finger across his cheek, the tingling sensation she felt when she touched her mate hit her fingers instantly. She smiled still unable to believe that he was here with her and he was willing to give their relationship a try.

Her smile dropped off her face when her thoughts wondered to Ivy, she knew that she should have been more concerned about her best friend and how she will react to the news that Jason is her mate but her mother’s words replayed in her mind. If Ivy really cared about her she would understand that her being with her true mate was all she ever wanted.

“Hey” Jason’s sleepy voice said breaking her from her thoughts.

She smiled at him “Hey yourself”

“Have you been awake long?” He asked.

She shook her head “No not long”

He frowned “What time is it?” He asked

She looked past his shoulders to the bedside table where a clock sat “Just after nine”

He reached an arm out to her grabbing her bear hip and pulled her towards him “Good”

“Good?” She asked raising an eyebrow at him

“Mmhmm I still have plenty of time to spend with you before I have to get home”

She leaned into his body placing a soft kiss on his chest “Well that is good” She pulled back from his chest and looked up at him “Are you hungry?” She asked

“Starving” He said placing his lips on hers

She giggled “I mean for food”

“I could eat” He told her as he kissed along her jaw line.

They soon got out of bed and dressed, and headed down stairs to the kitchen, when she entered the kitchen she noticed her brother sitting at the table looking miserable “What’s up Brody?” She asked as she led Jason over to the counter.

Brody shrugged his shoulders “Nothing”

She frowned at him “Doesn’t look like nothing”

“What do you care, you got everything you wanted, didn’t even matter who you hurt to get it”

“You don’t know what you are talking about” She told him.

He stood from his chair and glared at her “Oh really? So you didn’t break your best friends heart by sleeping with her ex-boyfriend all because his your mate, and you just had to have your true mate!” He said raising his voice.

“Mate?” Jason asked confused “What does that even mean?”

“Nothing” Hailey said to him before looking back at her brother “If she were really my friend she would understand just how much that means to me” She said repeating what her mother had said to her.