Chapter Thirty Nine

This chapter had not been edited, so apologies now for any mistakes. I wanted to get it posted as soon as I could. Sorry for the long wait.

wolflover2012

Chapter Thirty Nine

It had taken three days for the toxins to work. The morning after being bitten Ivy had become seriously, sick. Every bone in her body ached so much that she could not move. Wade tried his best to get her to drink some water but whenever he managed to get her to swallow any she would just bring it straight back up. Brody stayed in the room with her, the bond they shared making him crazy because she was hurting but there wasn’t anything he could do for her. After the first day of being like this Wade finally called Kane to see if he had heard anything about someone ever taking to the toxins badly. No one knew what was going on or why it was happening. Their best guess was that her witch blood was fighting the change.

It wasn’t until the second day that they started to panic, Ivy seemed to have fallen into some kind of coma. Despite his best efforts, Wade could not wake her up. Then Brody dropped to the ground unconscious for no apparent reason. Wade had picked him up off the ground and placing him beside his mate hoping that having him near Ivy would help her.

Kane and Rayne arrived that evening both worried about Ivy and Brody. But every time Kane tried to get near Ivy Wade’s protective side would kick in and his wolf would go nuts.  Forcing Kane, who understood that it was Wade’s instinct and not wanting to fight with him, to sit in the corner of the room and watch as Ivy slept.

On the third morning Both Ivy and Brody sat up gasping for breath, before falling back down on their pillows. Wade rushed to her side taking her hand in his.

“Please be ok” He whispered in her ear “Please Ivy fight it. Come back to me.” She didn’t move or show any signs that she had heard him. He growled and pulled himself away “Why isn’t she waking up?” He said standing from his chair, picking the chair up he smashed it against the wall “She shouldn’t be like this!”

Both Kane and Rayne stayed quiet while Wade worked through his emotions, destroying anything he could get his hands on. They both knew that he needed to go for a run and let his wolf out. But they also knew that while Ivy was unconscious he would not leave her side. So they left him alone to let out his frustrations and waited.

About an hour later Brody regain consciousness, he was disorientated and didn’t seem to understand what was happening. Rayne and Shelby helped him out of bed and guided him to his own room to recover. Leaving Kane and Wade to watch over Ivy. Both believing that because Brody had woken, Ivy would too. After an hour and she still didn’t wake their worry soon returned.

Around lunch time that day Ivy finally woke moaning. Wade had rushed to her side and wrapped her up in his arms. His whole body trembled from the stress of it all.

“I thought I was going to lose you” He whispered to her as he buried his face into her neck.

She groaned again before her whole body started to shake, Wade pulled away from her wide eyed, he looked at Kane with a panic stricken face. “What’s happening?”