Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Ivy nervously stood outside her father’s hotel room, she was having second thoughts about being there. Guilt for wanting to see her father after just telling her mother she didn't want to see him started to set in. She couldn't explain her sudden change of heart. Sighing she raised  her hand to knock when the door flew open.

“You came?” Her father said clearly surprised to see her standing there.

“Yeah” She said softly looking down at the ground.

“Well come in, its windy out there I think a storm is going to hit soon.” He said stepping away from the door and gesturing with his arm for her to enter.

She looked behind her at the dark clouds that were rolling in, “Looks like it” She said before walking into the room. It wasn’t that large a room, all it had room for was a double bed, bedside tables and a TV that hung on the wall. There was also two single chairs that sat on the other side of the room near the window.

“Would you like to sit?” He asked.

“Thanks” She said as she walked over to one of the single chairs and sat down. She glanced at the bed and noticed Kit curled up asleep like she was a pet cat.

“Why do you have a pet tiger?” She asked

He looked over at Kits sleeping form “She is my animal to call”

“Your what?” She asked

“My animal to call. Some witches who are powerful enough are blessed with the ability to call an animal to them.”

"Call them? Like when you call are dog to you?”

He shook his head, “No not exactly, it’s more of a bound. She can sense when I am in danger or in need of her. She is protective of me and would sacrifice her own life for me.”

“How did you fine her?” She asked

“I didn’t, she found me.”

She frowned “What do you mean?”

“My family had sent me away to deal with a rogue witch”

“Wait you guys have rogue witches?” She asked with her mouth hanging open.

“We do, some witches do not agree with the laws of the Coven and branch out on their own. We usually leave them be unless they break Coven Laws.” He sighed “Like I was saying I was sent to deal with a rogue witch who had broken Coven law. When I arrived at her house she had been expecting me, it was a trap. She had cast a spell to freeze me, the same one I had used on your friend. She had also created a sink hole that I had stepped in. I couldn’t do anything to counter the curse, I was stupid not to expect her to have traps made for me.” He said shaking his head “I couldn’t move I couldn’t talk. The only thing that I could do is scream out in my mind. I don’t know how but Kit heard me, she came running as fast as she could. She saved my life by pulling me out of the sink hole.”

They both looked over at the sleeping cat “Are all witches animal to call Tigers?” She asked.

“No. It could be any animal, depending on the witches power,”

Ivy sighed this was too much. On top of everything else going on she had to absorb more information about witches.

Noticing that something was bothering her he placed a hand on her shoulder. “Is something the matter?” He asked.

She shrugged her shoulders “I am just a little confused about everything that has been going on lately”

“I take it you are not just talking about me showing up?”