Chapter Seventeen- Waiting For You

Prince stayed completely silent as he observed Kane and the guard walk back and forth, conversing between themselves lowly. Occasionally Prince would hear them cackle or slur a curse here or there but for the most part they were silent; waiting for Ray to return,

"Please don't hurt Sun... this whole thing was my fault. She told me to stay away and I didn't." Prince begged loudly. He cared less about interrupting their conversation, he had to make sure his last few words were that of Sun's safety.

Kane puffed from his cigar and chuckled. "I didn't hear her telling you to stay away when she was getting dicked down."

The other guard erupted into laughter nearly dropping his cup of alcohol.

"Yeah that bitch was saying a whole lotta shit in that room- but get out- wasn't one of them!" Kane added on through fits of laughter.

"Fuck you!" Prince shouted despite mind's better judgement. Talking shit while in the room with two murderous men was probably not the best choice but Prince had always had problems with his temper. Hearing them degrade Sun was something he was terrible at ignoring.

"Excuse me?"" Kane asked slowly turning himself to face Prince. Kane's face was a mixture of amused, confused, and angry. He took his gun swiftly and walked over to Prince- shoving it in his face angrily. The gun bruised his lip on impact.

"Fuck me? Na you got it all wrong- the only person about to get fucked is your girl." Kane's crazed eyes stared into Prince's soul and eventually the drug dealer began to laugh aloud at his joke once again. Strangely, the guard wasn't laughing along. The oddness in this must've been apparent because just as Kane began to turn his head in dismay a gunshot went off.

Prince's POV

The loud shot made me flinch and immediately close my eye as I felt flicks of blood splatter onto my face. Did he really just shoot me? I waited for the shock or pain to set in, sending my body into convulsions or something but instead I only sat tense and confused.

After a few seconds of silence, I slowly opened an eye and looked down at my body. Sure I had blood on my shirt but it was only from the bruises to my face- for the most part, I was still in one piece.

I looked up and came face to face with Ray. My heart immediately jumped and struggled to free myself. Ray's hand with held the gun came close to my face and without warning Ray whispered loudly,

"Shut the fuck up! Look around."

I did as he said after the original shock of being told to shut up. Before me, a few feet away laid both Kane and the bodyguard- dead. The guard was stabbed and Kane was shot point blank in the head.

"W-What the fuck are you doing?" I asked in bewilderment. So I guess his plan was to kill them, then me..then take Sun?

Impressive.

Ray within seconds was behind me, untying the ropes around my wrist.

"I'm setting you free idiot." Ray hissed. My arms suddenly came loose and I grabbed for my wrists- noticing the redness and swelling. I wasn't sure what to do- part of me screamed to take the gun from Ray and kill him, the other part told me to make a run for it, and lastly- the smallest bit in me- told me to listen. Still not sure why I chose that option.

"Set me free?" I repeated mistakenly outloud.

"Yeah you didn't hear me the first time?" he responded in annoyance. He was swiftly moving around trying to gather together his plan. In his hand he had a cap which he handed to me and directed me to wear. He pulled the glasses he had attached to his shirt and pushed them towards me as well. He walked over to the dead bodyguard's body and pulled out my recognizable car keys, tossing them in my direction.