Chapter Twelve: Dancing With The Devil

The moment her name slipped from my mouth, the girl back up, almost plummeting to the floor in the process. She clumsily landed on her feet and stared at me in disbelief with her mouth half open.

I guess the time limit for the private dance ran out because all the lights flashed back on, allowing us to look at each other completely. I slowly rose from the chair and analyzed her face in amusement…she was beautiful. If it hadn’t been for her recognizable eyes, I wouldn’t have known it was her, she looked almost completely different. Her hair had grown, her once unhealthy, boney body had gotten curvy, and she now wore makeup. She studied me deeply, as her eyes looked me up and down in.

I took a step towards her but she backed up and covered her mouth.

“P-Prince?” she stuttered as her eyes filled with tears.

This was the first time I had heard her say my name in years, and it sent chills through my skin. I quickly grabbed her and pulled her into an embrace. She seemed to fall into my arms as I heard her beginning to sob into my shoulder.

“I found you, I never gave up…” I whispered into her ear as I stroked my hands softly through her hair. But after several seconds of hugging I felt her body go limp and stiff and she suddenly pulled away from the hug,

“You should’ve came here.” She whispered, dashing me a dirty look.

“I didn’t know I would find you here, it was an accident…but I’m glad I finally found you!” I exclaimed reaching for her arm, but she snatched her arm away and continued to glare.

“Okay, now what…you’ve found Me.” She hissed bitterly.

“I can take you home with me… I-I have a job now and an apartment and-“

I stuttered excitedly.

“I’m not going with you Prince.” She replied coldly, cutting me off.

I stared at her in confusion before answering,

“Wait… why?”

“I can’t leave…” she explained, glancing at the door a couple of times.

“What do you mean? Yes you can, you can stay with me and quit this job.” I stated loudly.

“They won’t let me leave…I belong to them now.” She said lowly, as if sharing a secret.

“Who won’t let you leave, and who is they?” I questioned in confusion.

“Just leave before they hurt you!” she whispered lowly.

“Who are you talking about Sun, who’s going to hurt me? I asked looking into her fearful eyes.

Just as those words slipped from my mouth the room door opened and several nicely dressed men walked in.

When Sun noticed them walk in she backed up and looked at me in fear,

“You have to go, now!” she hissed, attempting to push me, but a voice spoke up, stopping her in her tracks.

“No…he doesn’t have to rush off!” the voice said. The person’s voice was deep and manly and whoever owned the voice was being hidden behind the several nicely dressed men at the entrance.

As if on cue, all the men parted down the middle to reveal the man who was speaking.

Sun looked at me and then back at the man as he slowly made his way over to where Sun and I were awkwardly standing. He wore shiny dress shoes, dark slacks, and a crisp white button up. He had clear, chocolate skin and dark eyes. He was a few inches taller than me, and you could see the outlines of his muscles through his shirt. On his forehead he had an old scar and his hair was parted into two long braids.