26. Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

KATS POV

"Okay Kat, stop crying." I say to myself. I stand up off the ground, my legs sore from being on my knees for so long and I use the counter for support. I wipe my tears away and then I run up the stairs and into my room.

I pull off the T-shirt that smells like Charlie and pull on the first thing I grab from my closet. I fall over as I try to pull on my pants and I hit the ground with a thud. Alright so maybe I should slow down a little.

When I have my clothes on I don't bother brushing my hair, or my teeth as I book it out of the house and down the street to the hospital. My dad will know what to do.

I round the corner of the last street until it's a straight shot to the hospital when I run into someone. I hit the ground again and figure I'm going to have some serious bruising on my bum when this is all over.

"Are you okay Kat?"

I'm already trying to pick myself up when my head snaps up, how the hell do they know my name. I shrink away when I see Miles.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was going to the store, what are you doing here?"

"Going to the hospital."

He sticks out a hand to help me up and I ignore it pulling myself up. "I have to go." I say starting to walk around him.

He wraps a hand around my wrist, "Wait a second, where's Charles?"

"It's Charlie, and he's waiting for me."

"Where?" He asks smirking, knowing that I'm lying.

"The hospital."

"Why have you been crying?" He asks.

I didn't bother to look in the mirror before I left, and I can only imagine the sight I must be, unkempt hair, bad breathe, and puffy eyes.

"Look I really have to go." I say trying to pull my wrist free.

Miles pulls me into him though as I struggle, "I think you're lying. Did he leave you?"

I'm still fighting him and he grabs my face making me look at him, "He did didn't he?"

New tears form in my eyes as Miles pokes at the still open wound, "I have to go."

When I find Charlie I'm going to make him teach me how to punch, if I find Charlie.

"When Charlie comes back he's going to kill you." I yell.

"So it's true, wow what a shame. Why don't you come back to my house?"

He starts to pull me in that direction and as hard as I can I knee him in-between his legs. He lets me go and groaning falls to the ground.

"You bitch!"

But I'm already running towards the hospital, I'm going to go find Charlie and he'll kill Miles for that.

I run up to the Secretary who of course knows me by now and she frowns, "Everything alright sweetie?"

"Can I go see my father? Is he up for visitors right now?"

She nods, "Go ahead up."

Instead of taking the elevator I run up the stairs, knowing that if I stand still I'll break into tears. I slide across the floor when I get into my dads room and he looks up.

"Kat you okay?"

I shake my head running to the bed and throw my arms around him, "Charlie left."