23 (part two) Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

CHARLIES POV

Kat rests a hand on his wrist, "Miles, are you okay?"

He pulls his arm away like she burned him, "You shut up too!"

My hands ball into fists under the table, "I wouldn't tell her to shut up if I were you." I say in a growl.

Miles glares at me, "What are you going to do about it?"

Kat rests a hand on my shoulder now and leans in close to whisper, "Charlie please don't start a fight in here. It's a restaurant."

I look over at her, my body still tense and see her blue eyes pleading with me. I sigh and nod my head, "Alright, but only for you."

I'm still tense though and her hand rubs my arm, "Thank you."

Miles growls, "What are you two saying?"

I frown at him, "None of your business."

"Actually as Kats boyfriend I do have a say in what she does."

I raise an eyebrow as Kat frowns, "What is it with men thinking they have some sort of power over me." She mumbles to herself. Then to Miles, "I'm not your girlfriend. I barely ever was. I never even liked you."

I smirk to myself and he glares at me, "Wipe that stupid look off your face."

I shrug, "I will when you leave."

I agree with Kat. What is it with these men? Can't they take a hint that she doesn't want them around?

Gretchen frowns, "Miles maybe you should leave, people are starting to stare."

"What are you embarrassed by me Gretch?"

She shrugs, "Right now? Sure."

A waitress walks over with our pizza and sets it onto the table, eyeing Miles cautiously, "Here's your pizza kids. Who wants what?"

She grabs a plate and is about to serve us when Miles grabs it from her hands and throws it across the room, making it shatter, "Would you get out of here? We're in the middle of something!"

I sigh and look at Kat, "Why are these boys so insane?"

She giggles and Miles grabs her arm and pulls her up, "You get up!" he says towards me.

"Let her go."

This time Kyle pushes out of his seat and shoves Miles in the chest, "Seriously man, uncool."

Miles narrows his eyes, "Uncool? I'm everything cool! I made the word! If you look up 'cool' in the dictionary the picture is of me."

Karen rolls her eyes, "Miles, really? That's a pretty uncool thing to say."

His face turns beat red and he purses his lips, before stomping his foot and spits out, "I'm cool."

"Yeah, I bet." Somebody yells from across the room.

Kat and I at the same time start clapping our hands, "That's it!" I yell laughing.

The waitress by this point has run to get the manager, and he stomps out, "What are you doing?"

Miles turns angry, but before he can answer Kat says, "Making a scene."

That same guy across the room yells, "In an uncool way!"

Miles turns towards him and flips him off, "SHUT UP!"

The manager crosses his arms, "I'm going to have to ask you to leave... and not come back."