15. Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

CHARLIES POV

It's been constantly raining for the past few days. Which means Food and I are stuck inside. The thunder has been constant for the most part so we've been staying in our fort.

Everyday I'll bring in two buckets of rain water. We'll wash ourselves with cloths and then I'll dump the water and let it refill. Which of course doesn't take long.

It turns out that Food had a card deck inside her bag so she's been reteaching me games like Go Fish and Old maid. I've learned that my favorite game to play is War and that I'm a wizz at Solitaire.

I'm also a fan of slap Jack mostly because it involves a lot of contact with Food- or at least as much as a card game can make you touch someone else. I've learned that if I pick up the Jack and say that I got it first then she'll climb all over me trying to get it. Which makes the game ten times more fun.

Right now she's drawing all over a piece of paper she found and I have no idea what she's doing. I'm too busy trying to keep the water from leaking in under the door. Also there's a brand new leak in the bathroom. It's funny though because the leak hits the shower floor. Which means it doesn't need a bucket. I'll have to fix it as soon as it stops raining though.

The thunder has stopped for a while and we both know that it will start back up in an hour or so. For now though Food is working hard at whatever it is she's drawing at the table.

I clear my throat shoving towels under the door, "What are you drawing?"

She's humming to herself, "You'll see."

I sigh, "Why can't you just tell me?"

"It's a surprise."

I roll my eyes and satisfied with the door I walk towards the fire. As I pass the table she flips the paper quickly. I laugh and hold up my hands in surrender, "I'm not going to look."

"You better not." She says teasingly.

I smile and move the rest of the way across the room. I throw another log into the fire and am satisfied when the room gets warmer. I hear Food stand up and she starts to rummage through her bag, "What are you doing?" I ask her.

She shakes her head, "None of your business."

I sigh and crouch down in front of the fire. The heat makes my eyes water but it's so warm that I don't want to move away.

You would think that over a month alone with someone would drive you crazy but with Food and I it's not like that.

I mean we've gotten into small fights- like about me cheating at Hide n' seek (which I didn't!)- but nothing too major.

Food growls behind me and I turn, "Everything okay?"

She makes a face, "Yeah."

I smile, "You sure?"

She gives me a look, "Yes."

I laugh quietly to myself and stand up going into the other room, "I'll be in here if you need me then."

"Mmhhmm." She mumbles.

I shake my head smiling and climb into the fort laying down; resting on my elbow so that I can play solitaire.

Food sings quietly in the other room and I smile again.

Ever since I've come to the conclusion that I love her it's hard not to smile at everything she does. If she started to yell at me I would smile at how cute she is when she's angry.

I also find it hard to keep my lips off of her. Not because I want to eat her of course but because I love her. I constantly want to pull her into my arms and keep her there forever.