6. Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

CHARLIES POV

Food has been here for a little over a week now, and she's a lot more open. When I say open I mean she's much more silly. When I say silly, I really mean that she's no longer even a little afraid to make fun of me.

With every day that passes I think less and less about eating her. She looks less like actual food to me then just a person. But that doesn't mean that I won't eat her eventually. It's not like I can just let her go or something.

This thought has crossed my mind, and then I have an image of Food bringing a whole bunch of villagers through the woods with pitchforks and torches to kill me. Yelling things like, 'Kill the beast.' Just like in Beauty and the Beast. One of my favorite movies as a kid. When I was still among the normals.

I'm laying down staring at the wall when I feel the bed start to move. I hear her groan as she stretches and then something hits me in the side of the face. Shocked I flinch away and fall off the bed. I land with a thud and then slowly peek over the side of the bed. Food has sprawled out across the bed, one wrist tied to the frame and the other wrist where my head used to be.

I narrow my eyes and stand up.

"Food, time to get up."

"MMgghhmm." She mumbles rolling over onto her side.

I raise an eyebrow and walk over to her side. I poke her shoulder, "Food, wake up."

She slaps my hand away, "Jared stop." She mumbles.

I scrunch down and poke her cheek, "Who's Jared?" I ask loudly.

Her eyebrows furrow together and then her eyes snap open as she pulls back abruptly, "What the heck?" She says.

I tilt my head to the side, "Morning."

Food sighs realizing it's me and rubs her fingers against her forehead, "Morning, Charlie."

I smile, "Who's Jared?" I say in a teasing tone.

She sits up in bed and tugs on the rope when it refrains her, "Can you untie me."

Food looks away and I tug on the middle of it making it untie. She throws her legs over the side of the bed, and pushes hair from her face.

I smirk, "Is Jared your boyfriend?"

I'm trying to be teasing but I'll admit that I'm a little jealous. Not that I should be, seeing as I plan on eating her. Also it's not like I have any romantic interest in her at all.

She sighs, "Ex fiancee." Food stands up and brushes past me.

I raise my eyebrow again, "Ex? Is that why you ran away?"

Food walks into the bathroom without giving me an answer and closes the door in my face.

I cross my arms and wait for her to walk back out she pauses when she sees me but then once again walks past me, "Stare at me all you want I'm not going to talk about it."

I purse my lips, "Whatever. I don't really care anyway."

She rolls her eyes, "Sure, Charlie."

I rub the back of my neck, "So I wanted to show you something today."

She gives me a wary look, "What is it?"

I give a small smile, "Like I would just tell you."

Food rolls her eyes.

FOODS POV

Waking up to Charlie asking me about Jared wasn't pleasant. I was rather annoyed actually. Mostly with myself that I let his name slip out. I've been gone for almost two weeks now you would think I would be used to being away from him.