~Chapter 15~

Chapter 15

(Not Edited)

I remember my first kiss clearly. I was sitting in the gazebo that overlooked Iona Gardens with a lemonade in one hand and a book in the other. The sun had just woken up from its nighttime hibernation and during my twelfth year of life I had become fascinated with watching the sunrise hence my placement. Every morning for the past two months I had watched the the star rise by myself and without any interuption. However that morning was different from the rest. As I sat there silently sipping my lemonade when I heard the sound of feet making their way up the few steps and to the gazebo landing. It was the Art with his pale blonde hair and wide and warming cerulean eyes. I remember placing my lemonade down and asking him if everything was alright. He looked to be having some inner battle but then calmed down once settling his eyes upon my own. In a swift motion, Art grabbed my hand and pulled me so that I was standing before him. He smiled his boyish grin and then moved his face to my own. The kiss ignited a spark within my bones, like a shooting star.

However the kiss I was currently involved in was like a rocket ready to break loose from its landing and into the galaxy where anything seems possible. Easton's lips were soft against my own and my body was ablaze with excitement. My stomach was engulfed with butterflies and my heart was beating at a rhythm all its own.

This kiss was confusing to me though. Why on earth would Easton kiss me of all people, especially when Branna threw herself at him like it was her calling? Was Easton just playing my my emotions? There is no logical reason as to why he would want to pucker up with me and yet, here I sit, on his bed my my lips glued to his.

As he placed his hands on my lower back and tried to tug me closer, my inner voice won and I pulled away from his embrace. I watched as his eyes fluttered open from the departure and his golden eyes seeped into my green ones. "Why'd you stop," he breathed out, questioning my actions.

I moved my mouth to speak but words seemed to escape becoming a possibility. I stood up from my stance on his bed and frowned slightly when his hands left my back. Easton's eyes scoped me out, "Keeva your wings..." I turned my head to see what he meant and was flabergasted when I saw that they were gone. My pink wings had retracted and left me in my full human form. When I looked back at the handsome boy I had just kissed, I was struck with utter confusion, want and remoarse. Without any further comments, I ran out of his room and down the hallway. I flung my body down the first round of stairs and sprinted through the hallway connected to it. "Siobhan!" I yelled. "Bonny?! Where are you?"

My frantic actions cause some people to watch me wide eyed from their doorways but when Bonny ran out of her room I tackled her in a hug. Her hair was disheveled and her eyes were washed over with sleep. "Kee whats wrong?" She asked all tired sounding.

"I need a friend right now," I said and follewed her into her room. I layed down on her double bed and she followed suit. When we were both under the covers I took her hand and told her something she already knew. "I love you, Bonny."

"I love you too, Keeva. And don't think you are getting away with whatever it is that is on your mind." I smiled at her comment and dozed off to sleep.

***

"You kissed that hunky yet moody stud with the eyes, and the hair, and the body of a freaking God?! Mother Iona would applaude you and your accomplishments!" I blushed at Siobhan's comment and was thankful that her roomates had left the room earlier this morning. When we woke up I told my best friend all about my pink wing debacle and the Easton smooch. She swooned at the details and got giddy at every interaction I had with the alpha. We had already gotten dressed for the day and she was a bit more adventurous, as usual, than myself. Bonny had tried on a pair of white jean shorts and was currently wearing them along with a pink colored tank top. The idea of wearing anything notflowing at the legs still gave me the creeps. Pants were a no go. I on the other hand, was wearing a simple white dress with thin straps that went to an inch above my knee. Scandelous, I know.