~Chapter 22~

**UNEDITED

The next three days were woven together tightly.

I made it my mission to stay away from the public eye and the judgment that was due my way. My life and the decisions to go with it were all up in the air and I didn't know how to go about everything that was about to follow.

When everyone was out of the house, I would leave my room and shower, readying myself for another day of solitude. When I was hungry, I would sneak over to Fiona's room begging her to get me something- anything- to eat from the kitchen on the ground floor. I felt it was too dangerous for me to go there in the daylight, with all those eyes present.

I was shocked and quite disappointed that Easton didn't come to find me at any point in time but then again I knew he was keeping tabs on me. He always knew where I was and what I was doing. If I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, any girl from my floor would report to him. If I were seen on my way to Fiona's room, Easton would be informed and the kitchen would be restocked with unsalted club crackers. Just for me, his orders. When I mentioned to Fiona in the bathroom that I wanted fresh pineapple, it magically appeared the next day in the kitchen, all sliced up with the note "reserved for the princess".

On my third night without seeing anyone, an itch developed on my back, right in the center. I checked in the mirror to see if my wings were coming in but I saw nothing. The usual and visible signs weren't there.

I contemplated going to see my grandfather and my fellow fairies, but none were on the reservation. Mrs. Wilde(Lou) helped my grandfather reserve a private 5-acre garden for fae practices, forty miles from here. They would pray to Mother Iona for the return of the green Gardens. If we were at Iona Gardens, this would be the period in time in which the fae would eat, sleep, and breathe the land-connecting to her. Despite no longer being on our motherland, Grandfather didn't want to give up the practices that helped shape us.

My people were due back in about two weeks. I can only assume that Luken went too, considering I haven't seen him around.

I stayed on the reservation at Lou's request. Father snuck in right before they left to tell me that Lou insisted I stay here (probably incase my wings were to become pink again). But I wasn't due for a dusting, far from it really.

The wolves weren't around tonight either. The teens planned a late night run tonight and Fiona was notably excited for it. She kept saying that she was ready to be "paw deep in the mud".

I was alone.

***

At 4 am I woke up with my back burning. I sat up on my bed slowly; my back feeling like it was breaking with every inch of movement. I moved slowly to my dresser and rummaged through my drawer for my vial of white fairy dust. I uncapped it and did my best to pour some on my back. The pain did not dwindle as I had hoped and by now I was sure of a broken bone or two.

This was the worst pain I had ever felt and I couldn't stop myself from crying.

The pain started to intensify and it felt like my back was ripping apart and yet no wings came. I was terrified for them to come again especially for the fact that I was not due for them.

"No no no no dear god, please no. Please don't let this happen to me," I cried. I was all alone and my body was taking me hostage. There was no one I could go to, everyone was gone.

A surge of pain rang throughout my body again and I screamed with tears flowing down my cheeks. I ripped off my shirt and checked my bare back in the mirror again. The center was puffed out and visibly throbbing. "Easton," I whispered in between sobs. I needed help.

I pushed my aching body out of my room and into the hall. I screamed out in pain as my body coiled momentarily.

I started down the stairs and each step caused more pain than the last. "Easton." I cried a little louder than before. I continued crying and made my way outside of the house.

The cool night time air felt good on my back but couldn't hinder the inconceivable pain I was enduring. "Easton," I cried even louder. I couldn't wait any longer; it felt like I was dying.

I screamed out in pain. I mustered all the energy I could and yelled for him as loud as possible, "EASTON!" I continued sobbing as I waited. My back was breaking and I held my body up as best as I could.

It felt like a lifetime before he came, "Keeva are you okay?" My eyes were wide open but I was blinded by my tears. My heart raced at the sound of his voice.

I felt as he tried to put his jacked on my exposed body but I rejected the offer by sidestepping it.

"I'm so sorry."

"Keeva, what's wrong?"

"I'm just... I'm sorry."

"Baby I know but what's going on? What's wrong?"

"Help me," I barely whispered. I knew I was sweating and I looked a mess but I didn't care right now. "Help me Easton. Just help me please." It was starting to become difficult to talk in between sobs.

He held my face in between his hands, "I'm here, it's okay. I'm right here."

"Help me please," I insisted with a body coiling scream.

"With what baby, what do you need help with? I'm going to help, just tell me." He was frantic.

He tried to hug me but I screamed, "Keeva, baby, what's wrong?" I could tell by his voice that he was genuinely concerned.

"They're coming."

"Who is coming?"

"My wings, it hurts Easton."

"It's okay, I'm here and I'm not going to leave you."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise."

"You won't leave me?"

"No Keeva I won't, I promise you."

He picked me up as delicately as possible but I still screamed out in pain. "Ever?"

"Not even if I tried."

Would you guys be cool if I posted again within the next two days?!

I missed writing Fairy Dust! Plus I'm really excited about the next chapter (insert wink here). Also I promise Keeva won't be crying this much in the next chapter! I'm getting annoyed with it too but it has got to happen...

STAY AWESOME

~Mo