Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hey guys!!!  I've got an update for you!  I hope that you enjoy.  It's a little late, but Happy Thanksgiving.  What did you guys do?  The day before Thanksgiving I was in Chicago (I went to the top of the Willis Tower [an accomplishment for me], saw the Blue Man Group, and had awesome pizza.  On Thanksgiving, I flew from Chicago to Las Vegas, where I went shopping, saw the Cirque Du Soleil Beatles Love show, and ate dinner at Planet Hollywood.  The next day was all traveling, but I got pasta for dinner.  And on Saturday and Sunday I was at Disneyland all day before getting home at about 3:00 in the morning.  Suffice to say, I didn't go to school on Monday.  I promise you, this is all true. Also, I've been completely obsessed with Doctor Who lately, so that's what the picture is from.   :)

P.S. The video is awesome.  You should watch it.  *Nudge Nudge* *Wink Wink*

Oh, and I hope you like the update as well.  Happy Holidays.  (Accidentally almost typed Hoppy Halidays. That would have been odd...)  :) 

My heart was pounding in my throat as Kennedy and I entered the house. There was no one in the kitchen, and I instantly went over to the pantry to get out the peanut butter. I grabbed two spoons from the drawer and scooped a big glob out on to each of them. Kennedy smirked when she took hers, eating it a bit at a time.

"You know this is so unhealthy, right?"

I shrugged. "It's not like it matters for either of us anymore." I ate a large bite, the peanut butter sticking to the roof of my mouth. I had to talk through it in a messy voice. "This is one of the things I love the most, if I'm being honest."

"Eating peanut butter?"

"No," I joked, nudging her with my shoulder. "Being able to eat anything I want. I also really like the connection I have with Grayson because of it. My Changing wasn't exactly ideal, but everything worked out for me in the end. I know it will for you too."

"You can't say that." Kennedy had a melancholy smile on her face. "Maybe I just won't handle it that well."

"You already are," I told her. "And if Grayson could handle his Change, you can handle yours."

"What happened with Grayson?"

His deep, rumbling voice interrupted us. "I was Changed when I was nine."

Kennedy's countenance changed to that of a horrified one. "That young?"

He cleared his throat. "A rogue Shifter wandered into my backyard one day. He killed both my parents and clawed me up before running away. He Changed me, and I spent the rest of my time in foster care until the Andetum found me."

"Grayson..." Kennedy trailed off, her voice full of well-meaning sympathy, and then she got a confused look on her face. "What is the Andetum?"

Grayson and I both stifled a chuckle. "I'll leave English to tell you about it," Grayson finally said as he walked over to me, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"I should go find him," Kennedy said, an angry longing in her voice. She looked at me, her eyes brimming with emotion. "I am so pissed at him."

"I understand." I shrugged to her. "But you do need to talk to him. That will help. I promise."

"He didn't even try to look for me," she hissed, anger taking over more than her rational mind. "He just stayed here and wallowed in his pity. It's ridiculous."

I spoke to my sister in a gentle voice. "I'm sure he had a good reason. Talk to him. Ask him why."

A growl slipped from her throat as she squared her shoulders, taking a deep breath. Her footsteps were loud, sounding on the wood floors as she began walking through the house.