Twenty

I woke up due to the bright sunlight streaming through the skylights in Grayson's room. After opening my eyes, it took me a few seconds to realize where I was, and remember that I had climbed into Grayson's bed in the middle of the night. The second thing I noticed was the warm, hard body curled around me, as if protecting me from everything that might want to hurt me.

I twisted gently in the hold he had on me, manipulating my body so that I was facing him. He was still deeply asleep, and a smile stretched over my lips as I watched him – not in a creepy way, just an admiring way. I snuck a hand out from under the covers and began to delicately trace the planes of his face. First it was his jawline, strong and unyielding. Soon it became too much to resist, and I leaned forward, ghosting my lips along the stubbly skin.

I pulled my head back, resting it against the arm Grayson had slid under my head as I brushed my index finger over first his bottom lip, and then his upper, smiling as his nose twitched from the caress. He shifted under the covers, pressing his heated body closer to mine. My palm rested lightly against his cheek as I moved my thumb softly over his closed eyelid.

After a few seconds of that, Grayson moved his hand up from under the covers and put it over the one I had placed on his cheek. He entwined our fingers and then moved our hands so that my palm was over his lips, and he pressed a gentle kiss to the center of it before opening his rich, dark, sleep-filled eyes.

"Good morning," he said, the deep timbre of his voice rough from sleep, and it did funny things to my tummy.

"Good morning," I whispered, feeling for some reason that if I spoke in a normal tone that the moment would be ruined. "How did you sleep?"

"Better than I have in a long time," he said, moving so that I was turned over on my back, him hovering above me, a smile twitching at those lush lips of his. "You?"

"Same," I said, my voice low as I smiled at him. He smiled, matching the joy I knew I had in mine, and he bent his head down. At the last moment I turned my head to the side and Grayson ended up kissing my cheek instead of my lips like he was aiming for.

"What was that for?" he asked teasingly.

"I have morning breath," I said to him, unable to let the smile drop for my face. There was something about waking up next to someone, the comfort of knowing that someone was there in bed with you. The fact that it was Grayson was nice too.

"So?" he asked me in that same tone as before. "I do too."

At his words, I bit my bottom lip, as if thinking. I tilted my head as I looked up at him and said, "Well, when you put it that way..."

My words were cut off when his head ducked down to me again, though this time I didn't turn my head. His lips caught mine in a soft hold, much like he had last night. Under the sheets, his legs were spread and he was on his knees, one leg on either side of mine. His arms bunched on the pillow next to my head, and he was almost in a push-up position. I couldn't resist running my hands up his arms, starting at his wrists and brushing them along his tensed muscles.

He dropped to his elbows as his lips moved against mine, and while one of my hands got tangled in his hair, the other brushed at his back, tracing the lines of his tattoo that I had memorized long ago. Instantly, I got caught up in the feeling of Grayson against me, his hard against my soft.

My hands dropped to his chest, tracing over the planes of hard muscle as one of his brushed a piece of hair away from my face. At this point, I had closed my eyes, but I made the move to open them, a little startled when I saw that Grayson had his open as well.

I held his gaze as he kissed me, and my hands stalled for a second on his torso. Somehow, this felt even more intimate than it had been before. I moved my hands back to his shoulders, and then took a moment to skim a piece of unruly hair back into the mess that it belonged to. Grayson's eyes were smiling now, and I knew that mine were as well.