Chapter twelve

I started to name the periods of time when I was asleep to when I was awake. Any clock that was in here before has been moved. When i was awake i called it the Living hours, and when i was sleeping i called it the void. I was spending more time in the void. Everything seemed hopeless to me. They kept restraints on me at all times, apparently my dreams were causing me to move in my sleep. I didn't remember any of them. I couldn't help James. Wendall has visited me a few times, but all he had was bad news. Lace was healing but Wes hadn't woken up. The school was still closed, it seemed like they had no idea what to do either. 

All i could do was sleep or lay staring at the ceiling. It was a terrible way to spend my time. I could be helping. I could be doing Something 

I was starting to fall asleep without the sedative. I had had this problem before all of this happened. I couldn't sleep, but everything that happened had made it worse. But now i was starting to remember my dreams. I didn't tell anyone, though. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. 

When i woke up, all of the doctors were standing next to my bed. They were smiling. My mom was back, "Hi sweetie." My dad was holding her hand. It made me smile, for one the first times since i was put in here. "Hi." I said, my throat scratchy. "Are you ready to go? You've been showing improvement. You can go home now, but we are still going to keep you on some sleeping pills." I nodded. I was going to get out of here! I was going to leave and help James. They lifted the restraints and watched me as i stood up. My clothes were given to me and i was left alone to change. After i was done, i ventured toward the door. I was going to do something now. Something good. I took a deep breath and opening the door. It swung open, revealing a dark hallway. The lights must have gone out I walked down the hallway.

A light flickered in the distance and i could see the hallway turn left. When i made it to the corner, i peeked around it. The next hallway was dark also and didn't seem to end. I looked up at the flickering light above me and shivered. It seemed colder than usual. You were just in a sedative induced coma for a couple weeks wrapped in blankets, of course you feel cold. My mind told me. I listened and walked down the hall. I suddenly felt something, and i started running. This didn't feel good. I turned corner after corner. I started counting, three lefts, another left, a circle. A right now, how did it change? Three more rights, a left, two rights, another left. I was running in circles and down hallways that were changing with every step. I started calling out. 

As i turned another corner, James was standing there. "James?" I asked. He smiled. But this was different. His teeth were pointed and sharp. "Help." He said, his voice cracking. "James!" I ran towards him, but went through him. He evaporated like dust into thin air. I looked back to see what the hell just happened, but he was completely gone. His voice rang in my ears. "Help.

I felt someone shaking me. "Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up!" I heard. But all i saw was his face again and again. I knew i was dreaming but i couldn't wake up, i couldn't move. I heard myself screaming. I tried to stop, to control myself. I couldn't. "Wake up, please wake up! You're dreaming. Wake UP!" Wendall's voice screamed at me. I felt something painful in the back of my neck. Everything went black.