More Leah

After hearing Leah belittle me more, Dean told me what was up.

“So, he was lying?” I asked

"Yeah, I couldn’t read him too clearly, I just know that he was lying.”

“Why would he lie about something like that?”

“Because he has something to hide, duh,” Leah interrupted.

I was in the back seat, she’d never see it coming. I just need to take my belt off and strangle her from behind. I’ve seen it plenty of times in movies. Dean might hate me at first, but he’d get over it—if he loved me. I hope he’s listening to what I’m saying. I stared hole in the back of his head.

“Hey, are you listening?” Leah snapped her fingers in front of me.

“Piper,” Dean glanced back at me then smirked.

He heard.

“I’m listening,” I said. “So what do we do now?”

“We come back tomorrow and get the truth,” Dean said. “We’re checking into a motel tonight. Tomorrow you’ll be better rested.”

He was treating me like an old lady again. It should be law against treating a seventeen year old like and old lady. It’s just wrong…one SOOO many levels.

“Ewe, why not a hotel?” Leah complained.

“Fine, we’ll go to a hotel then.”

“Yay!" 

I wanted to still kill her. How can one being change so much? She acted like she was bipolar. Dean said he would talk to her, but I don’t think it’ll help. There no way, I’m staying the same room with her.

“It’s just for one night. Unless you want to bunk with me?” his eyebrows arched as he whispered.

“I think I have other things I need to worry about. I don’t need to spend my night fending off your advances,” I teased.

“You could just give in and I promise it’ll be worth it,” he chuckled.

“Eww, you two do know that I’m like right here in the car, right?”

“Oh Leah, I didn’t see you there,” I turned and said sarcastically. “We were so wrapped up in where we were going to sleep.”

“Oh then it’s not question. Piper, you’ll stay with me and Dean will take another room. I mean, we don’t want you to do anything that will speed you the change, now do we?”

I smacked my lips, “yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“Of course I’m right. You’ll have plenty of time to “be” with Dean when we find a way to save you. This is for your own good, right Dean?”

“And if I don’t get saved?” I crossed my arms.

“Well then, at least you tried and you’ll forever be in our gratitude, right Dean?”

“Ugh, I think we need to be find a hotel.”

“I think we should stay in the Residence Inn, right Dean,” I said straining my words.

“Actually the La Quinta Inn is pretty good. It’ll be better for your health. You can take a hot bubble bath and just mosey on to sleep. You’ll be out like a light in no time. You won’t even think about doing anything else,” Leah smiled.

“Well you kind of got me thinking Leah. If I don’t survive this then maybe I should spend as much time with Dean as I can. I think I’ll just stay with him tonight…for my health. I think it better to be embraced in a loving environment, right Dean?” I forced a smile.

“Any strain could mean death. Are you willing to take that chance for one night of—of?”

“Yes, I am,” I laughed a little.

“You know what? I think it will be better if we all shared a room. It will be cheaper and we can keep each other company. Huh?”

“It’s fine with me,” Dean shrugged.

“Huh?” I said not expressing my full letdown. I thought he’d want the alone time. Maybe I had this thing wrong.

“No, you don’t,” he glanced over his shoulder at me.

Then why didn’t you say it would be better for us to have separate rooms?

“I’ll explain later,” he said

"Fine."

As soon as the word slipped from my thoughts, pain radiated through my body. It was happening again. My bones were breaking with sickening cracks. I wanted to cry, but I held it in a little longer. Blood dripped from my nose continuously. My vision went cloudy and then eventually blank. I could only feel and hear. 

“Ahhhhhhhh!” I screamed. “Pain. Hurt. Help! Dean!”

After I screamed, everything went blank. I wonder how much longer until I’ll permanently end up this way…when I won’t be able to open my eyes again or hear my mother crying.