Chapter 7: Surprise Date

I laid down on the bed and turned on the tv while Cody was on the phone talking to Ted DiBiase.  I heard Cody starting to get agitated so I turned down the volume to hear.

     "Why did you send Titus over here to scare me?  It wasn't a nice surprise!!!"  Cody screamed at Ted.

     "I will get that little girlfriend of yours!  I love her and I won't let her escape from my grasp," Ted said, hanging up.

     I was really surprised that Ted said that.  Does he really love me?  I thought.  It never even crossed my mind that Ted liked me at all, even less loved me!  I couldn't believe it.

     "He's gone insane.  He can't love you as much as I do," Cody said, sitting down beside me with a huge smile on his face, kissing my cheek.

____________________________________________________________________________

     The next night, Cody took me to a surprise date.  "Where are we going?"  I kept asking him.  But he wouldn't tell me.  I was getting so irritated.  Finally we arrived at a lake, the lake from where we first met.  Cody came around to the passenger side of his car and opened the door for me.  "You didn't have to do that," I said as I got out of the car.

     "Yes I did," he said, leading me to the dock.  We took our shoes off, sat on the edge of the dock, and swung our feet in the cool water.  He laid his hand on my leg and I put my hand in his, intertwining our fingers.  He leaned over and gently placed a kiss on my cheek.  It was the best moment I had ever had with anyone, especially Cody.

     I love you too Cody, I thought to myself as we just sat there, enjoying the company of each other.  After two hours we decided to head to his hotel room and go to sleep.  I went into his bathroom to change into a tank top and shorts and I put my hair up into a messy ponytail.  I fell asleep, laying right beside Cody, cuddling up to his warm body.