Ryder: imagine for @broadwaybaby4321 part 2

Dedicated to broadwaybaby4321

Ryder sat next to me but I tried to concentrate on the board which was pretty hard to do since he was practically burning a hole in the side of my head.

"I'm sorry about earlier." He finally spoke up when the teacher answered the phone. "I didn't mean to bring you into it."

"It's alright, it was my fault. I shouldn't be so damn clumsy all the time." I said, he chuckled lightly.

"What," I smiled. He smiled back with humour in his eyes.

"So, you never told me your name," he said.

"Lauren,"

He clicked his fingers like he was remembering something. "Lauren the..."

He stopped when he realised what he was going to say.

"...Loser," I finished off for him, trying to hide my sadness.

"I'm so sorry." He replied. "I didn't mean that."

"It's fine, I get it a lot."

Awkward silence followed. I tucked a piece of my curly red hair behind my ears.

"Well anyway, I'm Ryder." He said extending his hand. At first I just looked at him dumbfounded but then I realised I was supposed to shake it so I did. The teacher finished with the phone and stood at the front of the class, continuing with her speech as I refocused.

The lesson went quite fast and soon it was over.

"Class you are dismissed." She stated, being completely ignored by the students already rushing out of the classroom. I sighed and started gathering my books as I headed for the door. I walked out of my classroom, trying to blend in with the crowd, when I felt a hand grasp around my wrist.

"Hey, why are you walking so fast." Ryder breathed heavily, letting go of my wrist. Everyone was staring us by now.

"Why are you talking to me?" I almost whispered so the nosey students wouldn't hear.

"Because you funny and cute, is there a problem with that." He asked.

"No, but talking to me is practically social suicide." I replied looking at my feet, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"I'm sick of all these stupid labels. Your cool, I want to hang out with you, so I will. The others can mind their own-freaking-business." I looked up into his eyes. But I blushed and quickly looked away. For a second there I thought he blushed to.

"Lauren," He said.

"Yeah," I turned to look at him.

"I know we only just met but, do you want to, umm, maybe," he scratched the back of his head nervously. "Umm go out some time."

"Like on a date?" I asked surprised. Was the Quarterback really asking me out. Was he for real, he could get any girl. Why would he choose me?

"Yeah, a date."

"Sure, I'd love that." I replied trying to contain my excitement.

"Really?" he beamed, his eyes glistened.

"Really!" I smiled. Why was he surprised I said yes. Of course I was going to say yes. I should be the one surprised that he asked.

"I'll text you the details." He as he walked into his class as I continued down the hall, a massive smile plastered on my face.

Sorry this took so long but things came up, hope you liked it.