Version 3

Michael (Chapter 21)

I walked past the group of girls, when I overheard one of them squeal.

“Oh my god! Skye! Is that a hickey?!” I noticed the voice belonged to Kirsten, one of the cheerleaders. I looked over to them saw that she had moved Skye's hair revealing a hickey. My eyes went wide in disbelief.

‘Go Dixon’ I thought to myself.

‘What is wrong with you, you like this girl, you shouldn’t be cheering him on” my subconscious replied to me. Okay now I'm going crazy. Who talks to themselves? I blocked out the voice in my head and continued to listen.

I saw that Skye looked embarrassed. I didn’t think she needed to be if Dixon gave it to her. I mean he is her boyfriend after all.

I didn’t like that at all. I mean here I was, obsessing over her. When I see her, it's like no-one else exists, but then reality kicks in and she’s not mine. How I wish she was mine. I could make her so happy. But she had to be with Dixon. Even if he is my friend, I envy him.

“No! Of course not! It's a burn, from my curling iron,” she said, trying to convince everyone. You don’t fool me Skye. I know when you are lying. When you are obsessed with someone you pick up on a few bad habits.

“Nice going Dixon!” I heard Nico say, punching Dixon in a way-to-go manner.

I saw the look on Dixons face, and it was pure confusion, but he didn’t say anything. Why wouldn’t he say anything if it wasn’t him. Who could it have been then? I have to get to the bottom of this. If she’s cheating on Dixon, I will find out.

Not wanting anything to do with this conversation I continue walking, making my way to class. I couldn’t stop thinking about that hickey on Skye. How could she do that to Dixon? Sure he was a friend, but I still think she should be mine.

 After a few minutes I could hear Dixon and Skye talking behind me. I know eaves’s dropping isn’t polite, but if I was to find out who Skye is seeing then I need to hear this.

“.. Are you seeing someone else?” I heard Dixon ask quietly, obviously not wanting to raise his voice at her.

“Dixon...” I heard Skye stammering, as if she’s almost about to cry.

“Oh! Hey guys!” I heard another voice say. I recognized that voice as Haden’s, and he made my blood boil to the max. I turned to look at what was happening when he came into the picture. Dixon seemed to be frustrated about Haden's presence. A few words were said back and forth between them before Dixon began accusing Haden. “Wait! Did you tutor her yesterday? Did you kiss her? Did you kiss my girlfriend?” Dixon demands, I could feel some sort of tension between Skye and Haden. Maybe that’s who she’s seeing. She seems to be hiding something. And he's tutoring her, which would be the perfect time for them to be alone together.

I felt the need to intervene but I didn’t think I should. I had only just noticed that the students had now gathered to find out what was happening. That’s when Dixon had told everyone to disperse.

I couldn’t stay there anymore. I needed to get out before I did anything I would surely regret. If I was to get to the bottom of this, I needed to go clear my head and think of a plan.

On my way to the classroom I was remembering the first time I saw Skye. It's was those vibrant violet eyes that caught me. She was so beautiful, she had this radiant glow around her, and I doubt anyone else saw it, but she just shone like the moon in the night sky. Cliché I know but that’s the only way to describe it. She had long dark hair, which came to about her mid-waist and it was like the waves on the ocean, rolling smooth and perfect. She was a tiny little thing, and very petite. Next to me she would look like tiny child.