Fifteen

Now there are many times of explosions. Big ones, small ones, ones that make a lot of noise and those that are all flash. From there one delves into the degree of heat, blast radius etcetera. Just goes to prove that you need to be an expert to blow something up properly. Luckily for Lora, Rene had some experience.

Rene strummed her fingers lazily on the armrests of the ever so familiar chairs in Miss Rachel's office. She did this so often she was slightly surprised there wasn't permanent indents within them. Then again that might suggest she was in here too often. Rene kept a calm demeanor letting her inner fuse crackle its way along to the bomb. She was in no rush. The spark had already been ignited with the sealing of her deal with Lora. The explosion, aka episode, would come when the time was right. See all the angles, all the players, all the outcomes and above all play the game to survive.

Rene cocked her head inspecting Miss Rachel more carefully. She was unsettled slightly with how calm she was. Miss Rachel was typing away on a laptop today, rather unusual in itself. The asylum tended to remain old fashion with most things, using instead paper reports and whatnot. Why waste good money to buy fancy electronics for taking care of a bunch of crazies right? The repeated tapping of the keys was starting to grate her.

"Miss Rachel?" she ventured softly, "I don't mean to speak out of turn but with everything that happened I was really hoping to discuss and get it off my chest." Translation let's get this crap over with before Rene starts hitting people.

The laptop clipped shut loudly as Miss Rachel slammed the lid. It was an incredibly purposefully action and spoke volumes of not just her annoyance with Rene. Miss Rachel was definitely up to something. The question remained though of what exactly. Despite this unwelcome turn, Rene felt more at ease than she had in days. Her life may have returned to the chaotic walk between sanity and madness, but it was a walk she knew. In a way, the rocking back and forth over the line was a well practiced dance albeit a dangerous one. Rene hummed strumming her fingers to the tune of her own mind. Yes, this was a game she understood and, perhaps most frighteningly, her favorite way to play it.

"Now Rene," and here it comes "I'm sure by now you understand the seriousness of all this. Attacking a fellow student, breaking out of the self reflection room" *cough, Pit ,cough* "These are very horrendous mistakes that cannot be so easily forgiven." Miss Rachel's voice was even with a finality of sentencing a criminal to their death. Gets one right in the  feels.

"True," Rene replied spinning each word carefully, "However, at the moment anyway, they are all just accusations from Kristy."

"And from the guards."

"And from some guards," Rene replied calmly.

Miss Rachel leaned back and peaked her fingers. She'd probably make a great old-fashion movie villain, the kind who always wrung their hands together. "Some guards," Miss Rachel acknowledged it almost bitterly. "The fact remains this does not look promising of improvement. We had a deal Rene."

Rene pondered while mockingly copying the steepling by Miss Rachel. Lora had guaranteed her safety from the chair, but she had also told her to keep things straight forward concerning the Kristy incident. Logically speaking, it would take Lora time to set up this new game they were playing. So when it came down to it, this wasn't necessarily a moment for trouble or even sucking up. It was more a matter of playing the waiting game, of stalling to set up the pieces. Rene closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her current role was clear and definitely annoying. Rene was never one for patience, but the path was obvious. Still, she smiled, she could give it her own personal twist and get something out of the situation. It was good to be back.

She intertwined her fingers and laid her hands flat allowing her elbows to rest gently of the arms of the chair. "In that case, what happens now? Normally I'd tell you exactly what happened during the episode. All the details of how Kristy started the fight during free period and came to finish the job later while I was in the pit. I'd tell you all about how I was such a good crazy that didn't kill her even though I had the chance and she obviously wanted to kill me first. I'd even go on about how I waited patiently for the guards instead of trying to make a run for it. But," Rene paused "you don't care about that or me even. You're actually probably a bit disappointed that Kristy didn't snuff me out when she had the opportunity. As far as I'm concerned you've written me off a long time ago, let's be honest for once, which basically makes the facts of the situation irrelevant."