Prologue

My mother once told me that if I hadn't been born she would have died. That I was her shining, perfect, little angel that had arisen from the abyss to save her from herself. So I tried to be her perfect angel. I got the best grades possible. I tried out for whatever sports or extracurricular she wanted even if I didn't enjoy it or wasn't good at it. For the longest time, that was enough. It was just me and her against the world. Yeah Mom was a bit more eccentric than others parents. She had her odd moments of disappearing mentally and had all these little rituals that had to be done just right everyday. But we performed them together, we had no one else. It all changed though on my 11th birthday. The day the dragons showed up. The day that all the little chinks in my mother's armor finally spread to connect and broke her. And it was all my fault, I was no longer perfect.

The screaming, the blood, the pain it was all too much, she was going to die. "Please mom, please. I promise I'll do anything." She sobbed out. Her wrists and ankles burned against the rope that secured her to the bed. Her mom just smiled and continued carving carefully into her arms. Darkness pressed around her as the sweet relief of unconsciousness started to consume her. Her mom's voice rippled through the mud of her mind, "Don't worry I'll make you perfect again."

A/N: Hey Wattpad people! So shout out to Amberrivera121 for the amazing cover she made for Ink Me Insane. I still wanted to show it off even if it wasn't the cover of the story, so it is the photo at the top. Literally freakin' out over how awesome it is! =)