Grandma's Secret Ingredient

I grinned. Finally, we would be visiting Grandma Betty again. I only got to see her about twice a month, since she lives in Virginia. We would usually get together for special occasions, like birthdays and holidays. Today was my brother Marcus's 18th birthday and also shortly after his graduation from high school. We would be staying an extra day because of that. 

"You have arrived at your destination." the GPS said in it's monotone voice. Dad put the car on park and opened the trunk. We all got out of the car to take out our luggage and gifts for Grandma. After we got everything out, Dad locked the car and we walked towards the door.

"Now remember kids, be polite to your grandma. She's very delicate and old and-" my mom started to say to me and my brother.

"Mom. We're not kids. We know." Marcus and I sighed simultaneously. I shook my head in disappointment and carried the lightest bag I could find, because I wouldn't want to break a nail! I ran up to Grandma Betty's porch and rang the doorbell, while the rest of my family was struggling with their baggage. I silently laughed at them.

Grandma opened the door with a warm and inviting smile on her wrinkly face. "Welcome home, everyone. Especially you, Jamie." Grandma ruffled my hair.

Everyone walked inside Grandma's house, and the nostalgic feeling returned to us. We would always feel so comfortable here. I sighed seeing the same pale blue walls with chipped paint at the corners, the 11 year old sofa that Marcus and I would always jump on as a kid, the pictures of Mom and our aunt and uncle when they were young, and the wonderfully soft carpeted floor. 

"Hi everyone! Grandma Betty hugged each and every one of us, squeezing our guts out. I laughed. Granny never changes. "Well make yourselves at home, and I'll prepare dinner for our special boy over here." Grandma planted a kiss on Marcus's head as his face turned a bright pink shade. Grandma hummed all the way to the kitchen and started chopping vegetables. I automatically knew what she was making. Her famous vegetable stew. Grandma saw me looking at her and shook her finger at me. "No no, Jamie. Mustn't look at Granny's secret ingredient in here!" she looked at me with what I thought was an evil grin. I shivered. I've never seen Grandma look like that before. It was kind of creepy.

I got really bored and decided to start sketching something. Since Mom was knitting a scarf, Dad taking a nap, and Marcus hogging the computer to play his dumb League of Legends game, I took out my sketchpad and started to doodle some random thing. I wasn't really paying attention to what my hand was doing, and 10 minutes later, I finished my weird sketch. I rubbed my eyes and grimaced. Why the heck did I draw chopped off human fingers? I laughed to myself. I really am insane at times. 

My stomach growled. I quickly covered it and blushed. I haven't eaten since we left our house to drive here. I walked to the kitchen to look for some food. I looked around to make sure Grandma wouldn't catch me sneaking around the kitchen. There was no sign of her, so I tiptoed to the cabinet. I opened it expecting to find her delicious cookies, but instead, I found something terrifying. I gaped as I picked up one of the many jars inside. I examined it carefully. Was it really what I thought it was? Human fingers? I looked at my own, then back at the ones in the jar. They were identical, except mine were a little fatter. I gagged and coughed. Is this what Grandma uses in her vegetable stew? I swallowed the throw up that was about to come out. Uh oh...that means I've been eating human fingers all along!

Suddenly, Grandma walked back inside. She saw me holding the jar of fingers and glared at me. "Jamie, I told you not to touch my secret ingredient. Now you have to be punished." she grinned evilly as she brought a knife from behind her. She walked towards me, holding the knife in front of her, and she had a delirious smirk on her face. I bumped into the counter, and Grandma cackled. I was too shocked to even scream for help. Grandma grabbed my hands and without hesitation, brought the knife down on my fingers. As that happened, I fainted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't uploaded in forever. But this one sucks. Oh well T__T

Vote, Comment, Fan, and all that stuff!~

--aznsparkly