Hunter the Kid Reaper

"Audrey, where does this piece go?" Hunter picked up a tiny piece from his puzzle, which was a picture of the Power Rangers. 

"Right in the corner. You see those two edges? It fits right there." I pointed to the spot where the piece fit.

He put it in and smiled widely. "Thanks!" 

I chuckled. Hunter was so adorable. Most of the kids I babysat were really annoying, but Hunter was fun and cheerful. I didn't mind spending my spring break with him. "Audrey! I'm hungry..." Hunter pouted.

"SO CUTE!" I thought to myself as I opened a box of macaroni and cheese dinner. After the water was boiling, I dumped in the uncooked macaroni, and walked over to the television. I found the remote and turned it to CNN. 

"We're outside the Smith residence, and investigators are trying their best to see who slayed these good people." the reporter stated. "They found some clues on the corpses. A large slash was found on Mr. Smith's chest, and a bunch of scratches on Isabel Smith's neck and face. Mrs. Smith and her son had multiple slashes on their backs. It's almost as if they were all cut by a blade of some sort. We'll be right back after the commercials." 

"Ugh. Again? What's with all these strange murders?" I thought out loud.

Hunter pouted. "That's scary! I don't want to die!" he started to cry.

"Hunter, don't cry. I'll protect you, so don't worry." I smiled and patted his head. I walked back to the kitchen to finish cooking the macaroni and cheese, and poured it onto a plate. Hunter rushed over and gobbled it all up.

After a long day of entertaining and taking care of Hunter, he got into bed. I ruffled his hair and went downstairs to wait for his mom to come. Suddenly, my phone rang. It was a text from Mrs. Salamone, Hunter's mom. "The boss said I have to work overtime till 4:00 A.M. Please stay till then to make sure Hunter's okay. Thank you so much, I'll make it up to you." it read. I yawned and slid the keyboard open. "Okay. No problem :)" I replied. 

"Since I'll be here all night, might as well take a short nap..." I yawned and closed my eyes.

I woke up to the sound of a car alarm and lots of chattering from outside. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. Along with the noise, all the neighbors were up and near the Salamone household. They all looked worried and panicked. I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket. I took it out and saw the caller ID. It was Hunter's neighbor Shay. I pressed the accept button.

"Hello? Audrey? Can you come outside quickly? Something's going on!" she said in a rushed voice.

"Shay? Are you guys okay? Hold on, I'm coming now." I said as I grabbed my shoes and locked the door. 

I walked further, looking for Shay. I passed by all the neighbors who were shivering in fright and a ambulance. I scratched my head. What exactly happened? I found Shay gripping her cell phone tightly. "Shay!" I waved over to her.

"Audrey! My gosh, it's terrible. "Everyone in my house was asleep, then I don't know what happened but Dana started screaming, a-and she had blood all over her...and she said she couldn't move her ankle, and she started freaking out about something entering her room, she couldn't exactly see what it was..." Shay babbled.

I grabbed her shoulders. "Shay. Calm down first. Don't talk so fast, I can't understand you at all." I frowned at her. "Deep breaths, then tell me what happened."

She started hyperventilating for a while, so I kept patting her back to make sure she was still breathing.

"You know Dana, my little sis? I don't think she was having any problems before she went to sleep, but in the middle of the night, she suddenly screamed. Since I'm a really light sleeper, I woke up to see what happened to her." she gulped. "H-her fragile body was splattered with blood, and she looked so scared. I asked her what happened...and she couldn't even reply properly. All I heard her say was, "Monster...a-a monster...came in...holding scythe...almost died." I called up the hospital to take her to the emergency room." Shay sniffled.

"That's...that's horrible! I know this is rude, but I'm kind of worried about Hunter now. I'm gonna go check if he's okay." I waved to her as I dashed to Hunter's house.

Huffing and panting, I looked for my keys and unlocked the door. I silently ran up the stairs and tiptoed into Hunter's room. I carefully opened the door to make sure I didn't wake him up, in case he was still sleeping. 

I gasped loudly. He was gone. GONE. My hand started to twitch. What if that creature that attacked Dana did the same to Hunter? I could never live with the guilt. This was all my fault. I had to find him, quickly.

I searched throught Hunter's entire home. I couldn't find him anywhere. I decided to inform the neighbors so they could help me find him. I ran out the front door and stood in front of the ambulance.

"Everyone? Please listen to what I have to say!" I shouted to all the neighbors. They all turned to face me. "You all know Mrs. Salamone's kid, Hunter? Everyone nodded in agreement. "He's not in his room, and I'm really worried. Can you help me find him?" 

"Wait! Audrey!" Shay cried out. "I found something in this bush over here!" she said as she pointed to a bush a few feet away from her house. I ran over to her side and winced. What was this black robe doing on the floor? And it was near Dana's bedroom window too. I nudged it with my foot. It didn't move. I bent down and tapped it's shoulder. Still no response. I got up and started walking back, to help everybody with the search. As I was walking, I felt a painful slash on my back and started losing consciousness. I used the last of my energy to turn my head around. I saw the person in the black robe holding a kind of weapon in his hand, waving at me. I squinted to see who that person was. It was Hunter's cute face smiling cruelly back at me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOT. FINISHEDD.

I understand if you don't get this story because quite frankly, I don't get it either. I literally started typing down whatever came to my head.

Read, vote, comment, blah, blah, all that stuff.

--aznsparkly