Chapter 7 - The final hours

With the Turkish assistance they deployed the advanced gamma ray detection system and switched it on, within a few minutes they managed to locate an position down to the quarter mile radius.

Within the hour the area was flooded with the Turkish army and police, they cordoned off and evacuated the whole area very quickly.

Agent Sheppard arrives and one the Turkish police officers comes running from out of nowhere urgently shouting "I've find it.. I've find it"...

On inspection he indeed had found the weapon, the countdown clock was showing 30 minutes left.

Agent Sheppard quickly devised a plan of action... On his movements throughout Istanbul near the coast line of the sea Marmara he recalls seeing some mini two maned submarines used for tourism and the location was only one mile away, he hastenly ordered for the device to be lifted and to moved to the holiday resort.

The army officer looking at Sheppard with a confused look and stared at him, Sheppard replied "We don't have much time... Trust me", unaware of the plan and no time to scrutinise they reluctantly proceeded with the order.

The weapon was placed inside the mini submarine with 10 minutes to spare, fortunately the sub has the ability to be remotely controlled, the technician remotely dived the sub and began moving forward at full speed, 10 minutes later they saw a great blinding white light and then heard an explosion, they managed to get the sub far enough out not to cause any damage and due to the low payload it had very little effect in creating a tidal wave.

The day has been saved for now....