10

Chanyeol POV

"Hey are you okay?" I pick up the lying crying kid on the road and nearly choke when I see it is Kyungsoo, "Kyungsoo what happened?!"

He is breathing heavily as tears flow out of his eyes like a waterfall. He's having a panic attack, shit. I pick him up bridal style and rush towards his house while yelling out Kai's name.

"Kyungsoo!" Kai's eyes are wide opened as soon as he see Kyungsoo, quickly giving me access to come into the house.

I put him gently onto the sofa and head to the kitchen to look for some clean clothes. He's losing too much blood.

"Baby? Listen to me" I can see Kai placing both his palms on either side of Kyungsoo's cheeks while looking deep into his eyes, "Breathe in"

Kyungsoo keeps on crying and chokes on his breathing. Fuck, it hurts me more.

"You're doing okay, just please listen to me" Kai tries again, "Breathe in— good, you're doing it. Now hold it for 5 seconds with me"

Kyungsoo is trying so hard to regain his sense, I can tell. His whole body is shaking and those frail yet strong shoulders follow the rhythm of his sobs. Who the fuck did this to him?

"Okay, breathe out. And hold it again for 5 seconds" Kai nods his head as an encouragement.

I walk around them and stand there like a fool with a cloth and a bowl of water in my hands. Look at those puffy eyes.

"Baby, you're okay now. Here, lay down" Kai helps him to lay down on the sofa with a cushion under his head, "Dont worry about anything. I'll clean it up for you. I love you"

He lands a soft kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead and with just that, his cries stopped at once. As if he's no longer hurting, as if the wound on his arm no longer stings. Because I sure as hell know how fresh cuts sting.

Kai turns to me and takes the cloth and bowl away, "Thank you Chanyeol"

"I didnt do it for you" I state, obviously out of anger and jealousy.

"And I said it on behalf of Kyungsoo"

What the fuck? He attends to Kyungsoo, cleaning his wounds and making sure that Kyungsoo is okay. I lean my back against the wall far away from them with a heart on fire.

"Dont worry, you dont have to talk now. I'm sorry for not being there, baby"

The fire rages more in me when I hear that and see Kyungsoo shaking his head, telling Kai he doesnt need to apologize.

Why Kyungsoo? He wasnt there for you! You should be mad about it. He failed to protect you!

Kai gets up and takes the bowl, now filled with water and blood to the kitchen. I follow him quietly and am ready to blow it in his face. How dare he. He is pathetic.

"I'm taking him to the hospital" Kai quietly said as he puts the bowl in the sink.

"Where were you? He was out in the cold! Alone! And look what happened"

"Why the fuck are you yelling at me, huh Chanyeol?" He comes up at me, glaring into my eyes, "I woke up late with him not by my side! I was looking for him in the house and heard somebody screaming!"

"You're fucking deaf and slow"

"What's your problem with me? I didnt know he was outside. Let alone why he was there!" He pushes me by the chest, "You think I wanted this?!"

He walks pass me and leaves the house to take Kyungsoo to the hospital.

KAI POV

*At the hospital*