Mists

Everywhere around her there was nothing, and yet everything. She had no senses, no body or flesh. But she was aware. The whole universe stretched out all around her soul, so small and yet so magnificent. Suddenly, a presence entered into her existence, the communication like a conversation with thoughts. 

"Daniella." 

The voice was magical, delicate, oh so powerful and more fantastic than the whole of creation.  

Daniella was summoned to answer, and she did. "Who are you?" 

"Come to me."  

"What is this place?" 

"It is everything." 

"I understand."  

Daniella was flying along through space and time, free of any pain, sorrows and grief. She had never felt more happy, or at peace than she did now. Suddenly, her progression stopped as she began to develop a sense of a halting force.  

"You have a great destiny child." 

"What is it?" she wondered. 

"Only you can decide." 

"Decide?" 

"If you want to return." 

Daniella was silent, a soul pondering. "Return where?" 

"Home." 

The word struck her to her soul. It felt like something she had always been familiar to. Home. A place where she could call her own. Her family was waiting. And yet, despite the peace and calm she felt, she knew that she herself had to return to the physical world. 

"I am called Carolus. I was assigned to greet you, and ask you The Question." 

"What is it?" 

"If you choose, you may know." 

She waited in silence, the sound of the universe like a big breath of air being held in. 

"Where am I?" she asked. 

"I will show you. In a place, you are familiar." 

Suddenly, Daniella's form of existence seemed to stretch itself like a rubber band tightening itself. The place around her shifted, and suddenly she could see. All her senses had returned, she could feel, hear, taste, see and smell. The area around her was familiar. It paled in comparison to the whole universe surrounding her, free for her exploration, but it was wondrous non the less. 

An ocean, billions of miles across expanded before her eyes, every color of the rainbow and other colors she couldn't identify. The sky above was filled with the trillions upon trillions of God's creations, all staring at her. The beach she was standing on was a warm sand of life. The very material that created Adam and Eve. 

"It looks familiar doesn't it? And yet so alien." 

Daniella's head turned to see a man across the shore, standing amongst the waves. "And yet it makes perfect sense that it is here." 

Daniella agreed. Why wouldn't it be like this? It was so real. 

The man started to make his way towards her, the waves lapping at his heels and yet he was not wet. Wetness did not exist here, and yet it did.

He was suddenly standing next to her, looking out at the scenery. The light did not come from the sun, it came from an all knowing, all powerful, loving glory that could be given no description, for no word or thought in the universe could describe it other than Love.