The Sky Has It's Limits

"You alright Dani?" Warren asks as we walk through the garden.

I brought myself back down to earth and blinked. "Um...yeah, sorry. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"Well...a lot of things actually."

"Like...?"

"Why that man was sent to kill me...who could be behind it..."

"You know, I don't know Dani. I wish I did, but I don't."

I sighed. Somehow I would have to find out sooner or later.

"Let's just hope it doesn't happen again."

We walked on, enjoying the nice spring air. Birds chirped near, and chatted endlessly amongst themselves. Sometimes I wish I wasn't telepathic.

Why is she walking with him?

She very well deserves something better.

He proposed and she said no!

"Shut up." I mumbled.

"What?" Warren looked hurt.

"Uh-No! Not you..."

He looked at me strangely. "Are you feeling alright today? You seem kind of distracted."

"I guess I am. Sorry." I muttered. Something wasn't right today. I was feeling really uneasy.

"You seem on edge. Is there something worrying you?"

"Yeah, but I have no idea what it is."

Warren frowned. "Well, I don't think there's anything to worry about."

"Hopefully." I mutter and lean myself against the trunk of a tree.

"You don't sound so sure." Warren paced over and stopped in front of me.

I looked towards the sky. "For a few days now, I've had the strangest feeling something bad is going to happen. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I'm afraid-"

Warren put a finger to my lips to keep me from speaking. "Dani, there's nothing to worry about. Nothing is going to happen. Can you for at least a minute forget about the bad things in the world and pay attention to all the good things?"

His question was rhetorical of course. He lifted his finger off my lips and I sighed.

"Sorry." I muttered.

He smiled. "Can you smile for me? Please?"

I gave him my cheesiest smile.

He rolled his eyes. "You are such a dork."

"Hey!" I slapped his arm. I think it hurt me more than him though.

"Hey lovebirds! What's going on?"

Kitty appeared and stepped out from behind a tree. I glared at her.

She just smiled. "Ororo wants to see us."

"OK. Business first, fun later." Ororo smirked at a new recruit, Adam, who was levitating a pencil in the air. It fell to the table and he folded his arms across his chest.

"Alright. First thing's first. I called you all down here with some interesting news." Everyone perked up a bit. "I just received some news from New Zeland. They are having troubles with keeping control of the mutants there."