Chapter 8

"Ugh I have nothing to wear." Taylor pouted looking at her suitcases full of clothes and coming up with nothing.

"Here." I said while handing her a scoop neck dress with green stripes. It would go good with her dark hair.

"Thanks!" She said throwing it over her head.

"What are you wearing for your date? Megan and Percy sitting in a tree... I forget the rest..." She said while trying to think up the words.

"It's just a friendly date!" Rolling my eyes I grabbed a pair of polka dot shorts and a black v-neck and threw it on.

"Cute!" She complimented while throwing her non-existent bangs into a clip.

"Let's go!" I say while pushing her along. She walked easily down the stairs and to the front door. Luckily I convinced her to skip the high heels. That would have been bad.

Soon the boys were knocking at our door. They were both dressed casually.

Taylor ripped open the door and threw her arms around Jackson.

"Hey!" She squealed. I gave Percy a 'they are so funny' look.

"So what are you guys doing?" I questioned.

"Mini-Golf" They said in sync. I cringed, Taylor was really bad at that. She loved it though.

"Ok, well I'm setting a few warnings."

They both nodded at me.

"Jackson, make sure to watch out. Taylor is prone to hitting the balls into streets, lakes, people and so on."

A deep red came onto her cheeks as she remembered the last time she went mini golfing.

"Also don't get anywhere near her with the club, sometimes she hits people or lets go and the club will go flying."

She put her head in her hands.

"Next, no matter what she says she needs the smaller of the clubs. I don't care how tall her personality is, she is short and can't handle a big one. Got it?"

He nodded and looked at her.

"Lastly, if she has hit the ball more than fifteen times, just move on to the next hole. You won't be getting anywhere."

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Ok guys, we will meet at the boardwalk at ten right?"

We all nodded and walked our separate ways.

Percy was laughing when we walked away. "Did she really do those things?"

I nodded seriously. "Poor Jackson. She must be so excited, no one ever takes her mini golfing anymore."

"Ehh he's not so great himself, maybe they can be bad at it together."

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Hmm I was thinking BJs on the Water."

"Do you expect me to walk, well I don't know, 120 streets?"

He laughed, "my car is at the end of the block."

I blushed, "oh right."

Soon we entered a dimly lit restaurant, through the windows you could see the bay side of ocean city. It was stunning.

"Wow," I said as I took in a breathe. "I've never been here."

He gave me a toothy grin, "my mom comes here alot."

"Cool."

Eventually we ordered our food. The small talk began.

"So, what's your favorite color?" I asked, having nothing else to say.

"Blue. You?"

"Purple."

"Where are you and Jackson going to college?"

He raised an eyebrow. "That escalated quickly."

I rolled my eyes. "Just curious."

"We'll I'm going to Harvard Law believe it or not."

I raised my eyebrow this time, "you're right I don't believe you."

He rolled his eyes. "Jackson's not going to college. He's only sixteen."

Now I was confused. "Then how are you two best friends?"

"My mom had a daycare and he was one of the kids. Best friends ever since."

"Oh wow." I mumbled, slightly annoyed that I didn't know this. I feel like I don't even know them know.

"What about you? What plans do you have."

I bit my lip. College was still a scary thing to think about. I'm not sure why I brought it up.

"I'm going to Bellmont to be a vet." I said slowly.

"Oh"

Swiftly changing the topic away from future actions I brought up a lighter subject.

"So how's the player thing going for you?"

He smirked. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

I laughed, "do tell."

He was quiet for a moment. His expression changing from comical to sad.

"Why do you think I'm a player? Do I give off that vibe?"

I answered immediately. "No, the only reason I said that was because of the pick up line."

His eyebrows scrunched in confusion, a few seconds later it became recognition.

"That was Jackson, he told me to say that."

"Oh, so maybe your not such a player?"

"Yes! I'm not!" I just stared at his happy face wondering why he was so happy. Why did he care whether I thought of him as a player?

"Why do you care?" His

face became emotionless.

"Wha?" He took in a breath, "I don't."

My face dropped a bit. I had thought for a second that maybe he liked me.

Eventually the bill was paid and the awkwardness had disappeared. I had had a lot of fun with him tonight.

"So?" He said while looking at his watch, "it's only nine, we still have an hour...wanna walk on the beach."

I agreed.

Soon our feet were in the cold sand of nighttime. The waves crashed beside us. We were walking side by side, so close to touching.

"I think..." Percy stated suddenly, giving me a creepy smile, "We should go swimming."

I was swept off my feet at that moment, my purse falling to the sand.

Percy walked us to the beginning of the ocean. "No! No! No!" I screamed but soon I was submerged in freezing water.

As I rose to the surface I yelled at Percy, "you jerk!"

He laughed in my face, "I'm wet too you know."

I splashed him. Hard.

Another splashing war began like around the time we first met. It left us laughing and giggling like never before.

Soon we were laying in the sand, it stuck to our bodies like glue. Taylor would hate this.

"That was fun." I commented.

"Very, you know what? I think I like you Megan."

I quickly sat up, shocked. "Really?"

He sat up as well and nodded. "Yeah, I think I do." And then his lips were on mine.

Soon it was time to meet up with the others. As we walked, Percy's hand intertwined with mine.