Chapter 10

Percy'a clammy hands were covering my eyes at the moment, though I could feel sand in my toes so I knew we were at the beach.

It had been a week since Taylor left and Jackson was in pieces. They had talked everyday but it made no difference. Also Taylor never talked long because she was trying to get her assignments done. So he just moped at Percy's house all day long awaiting her calls. Man he was whipped.

"One...Two...Three." Percy counted, soon he released his hands from my face. In front of me was a picnic right on the beach.

"Oh Percy! It's beautiful!" I exclaimed while hugging him.

He grinned, "I'm glad you like it."

After we settled down we began to discuss stuff, like family.

"Well it's just my mom and I and then there's Jackson who seems to be a permanent fixture at our house."

I smiled imagining Jackson just barging in on Percy's family.

"My parents are divorced." I sighed.

"Bouncing around households isn't my ideal but it works." I sighed again.

He Pulled my face to look at his. Frowning he said "What's wrong?"

I looked down, finding the blanket we were sitting on rather interesting.

"I just, in the last few years nothing's been permanent, everything is always changing. I don't have one constant thing that I always know is gonna be there. To make my life feel stable."

He smiled sadly at me. "Things are always changing and you can't change that."

Then he continued, "but if you ever need to talk to someone don't be afraid to come get me."

I smiled and kissed him. "The same goes for you k?"

He laughed, "ok."

Later we arrived on the beach closer to Percy's house. Jackson sat on a bench staring at the sea.

"Jackson!" He looked up. "We brought you a tub of ice cream and chick flicks."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not a girl."

"We'll your acting like one." I stated stubbornly. My opinion wouldn't be changed. He needed to man up.

He laughed and stood up. "You and your cousin are forces of nature."

He thought for a second and laughed again. "You know earlier this afternoon she told me to grow a pair."

"Well she's right."

He nodded thoughtfully,

"I know."