Chapter 6

"Ew! It's cold! Stop that!" Taylor turned around to glare at me. Sunscreen was a necessity because she had very fare skin but she hated it nonetheless.

"Ewwww it's so slimy and gross. I feel so sticky." She complained.

"Too bad!" I said sticking out my tongue. "You wouldn't wanna be a tomato around Jackson."

She huffed folding her arms together. "I have no clue what your talking about."

"Well I do, the first day I was at the beach and got sunburned he wouldn't stop poking me."

Her eyes got big, "I hate it when people touch me."

I nodded trying not to laugh at her childlike behavior. "Then stop complaining."

"Ok" she then allowed me to help her with sunscreen on her back.

About the time we were finishing up with the sunscreen the boys banged on the door and proceeded to walk in and plop down the the couch.

"Make yourself at home." I said sarcastically.

Percy nodded, "will do."

"I'm ready!" Taylor stated as she waddled down the stairs. A big floppy hat blocking her line of vision. As she walked down she saw the boys and started waving. But then she forgot about the whole step thing and tripped down three or four stairs.

"Ahh Taylor? Are you ok? Are you ok?" Jackson screamed while running to her side.

She pushed him away. "I'm fine! Chill out!" She placed her hand on her head. "Ow that hurt."

"Are you sure your ok." Jackson asked while pulling her up.

"I'm fine!" She said smiling at him. And then they giving each other gross gushy looks. Ew.

"C'mon love birds lets go!" I said breaking them up. They both took a step back and blushed.

"Way to ruin a moment." Percy whispered in my ear. I just glared.

We walked to the beach which wasn't too far from Taylor's grandma's townhouse. I just noticed I hadn't really been at my house much lately wow. Oh well, they did want to get out more.

When we got to the sand Taylor immediately cringed.

"Ugg I hate sand." She whined.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Jackson asked.

She shook her head, "I don't like being touched either."

She put one toe in first, finding it not excruciatingly horrible she put the rest of her foot in. Then the other and so on.

After about twenty minutes of watching her slowly tiptoe closer to the ocean we arrived at a reasonable spot.

She immediately spread out her towel making sure not to get sand on it. Then she frowned.

"It's so hot." I rolled my eyes.

"Nooooo really?"

Jackson nodded. "Actually it is quite hot outside megan."

I stared at him. "Did you just say quite?"

He nodded. Idiot.

"Hey Taylor do you wanna go swimming?" Jackson asked a few minutes later.

She nodded. They skipped off into the sunset or ocean...whatever. That left Percy and I.

"Sooo."

"I think he's trying to impress her." Percy mumbled.

"Your right. It sounds like he's really trying to impress her." I replied, really just repeating what he just said.

"He sounds even remotely smart now. Well sorta."

"Yeah..." Then I laughed because the thought of Jackson being smart was too much.

He rolled his eyes at my giggles. "Hey your cousin isn't much smarter."

I nodded in agreement.

"But with her she's just ditzy, when she goes to school she's a strait A student. She's always stressed about grades so when the summer comes she lets that go."

"That's what makes summer so great."

I nodded in agreement.

I watched the two of them play in the waves. Jackson had picked her up and was twirling her around. She was screaming with laughter looking so utterly happy.

In that moment they looked so innocent and young. It was a sight for sore eyes.

"So? Wanna take bets on when he finally asks her out." Percy asked suddenly.

"Ten bucks says he asks her in the next two days."

He laughed. "I bet it won't be another five days, if he asks her in between those increments then no one gets cash."

"Deal!" Then we shook hands.