Chapter 19: Captured

"Kayla can you get me an extra pillow? Please!" I asked as she came into my room.

"No! Now get your butt up. You have to take Olivia to school." She pulled the covers off of me.

"Isn't your week?" I asked sitting up.

"No, I took her all last week," said Kayla.

"Fine." I got up out of bed. I didn't get much sleep last night. Baby girl decided she wanted to kick mama all night long. When she finally decided to stop, I couldn't find a comfortable position. I kept asking Kayla for more pillows.

I got dressed and went to wake Olivia up. I walked into the room and she was already up and dressed. She had some music playing softly and she was dancing. She was actually an amazing dancer. I wish I had rhythm like her.

"Would you like some breakfast?"

"Yes please. Eggs in a basket if you don't mind." she replied.

"Coming right up." I wobbled downstairs into the kitchen.

I grabbed two eggs out of the fridge and the spray butter. I then grabbed two pieces of bread, cut a circle out in the middle of both of them and sprayed it with butter. I laid it on the skillet and let it toast a little. I then put the egg in the middle of the bread and let it cook. Once it was done cooking I put it on a plate along with some fruit. I poured her a glass of orange juice and called her down.

"Thank you. It looks great!"

"You're welcome! I have been thinking, you should join donce. Either at school or a dance class. Maybe even both." I told her as I sat down beside her.

"Really! That would be awesome! I would love to. May I?" She asked.

"I don't see why you can't. You would just have to keep your grades up."

"Yay!" She was jumping up and down.

"Finish eating. We don't have much time till you have to be at school."

She finished eating and I carried her to school. She has really has fit in here. She hasn't had a problem with anyone so that's good. As far as I now, she is actually the popular girl in her grade this year. That surprised me since she is new.

My phone rang as I was about to leave the school. "Hello?"

"Miss. Lain, it's Officer White. I am calling to let you know what we have decided."

"Oh hello Officer White. It's been a while. Go ahead." I was worried, scared, nervous. I was feeling so many emotions at that moment.

"The court has decided to go with the death penalty. She will go on death row tonight at seven. You are more than welcome to come." I got goosebumps when he said that last part.

How would I be able to sit there and see the person who killed my parents, who tried to kill my sister. I couldn't do that. "I am sorry Officer White, but I don't think I can come. It is just too hard to see her after all that she has done to my family."

"I completely understand. Well, that is all I needed to tell you. I hope you have a great rest of the day." Officer White said.

"You too Officer White." I then hung up the phone and drove home.

I needed something to cheer me up. That was good news but what am I supposed to do? That is Olivia's mom. Am I supposed to tell her that her mom is getting killed. She doesn't even know about her trying to kill her. I don't know what to do.

I walked into the house and went upstairs. The room that is to become the baby's nursery was open. I walked over to the doorway and looked around. "What's going on?" I asked. Kayla and Chase were hanging artwork on the wall. Sawyer and Sam were assembling the crib.

"This is my gift to yall. Well, they are helping me but it's my gift." said Sam.

"It's still your gift." Kayla said.

I looked around the room. Sam and Sawyer put the crib against the wall. It went under this saying "Guardian Angel guide the pure and bright while I sleep tonight." It had little angel wings with it. I turned around. Over the changing table was two sets of wings. One had a picture of my mom and the other had a picture of my dad. Above it said, "My Guardian Angels". I started crying. I couldn't hold them back any longer.

"Awe, I didn't mean for this to make you cry. I wanted it to make you happy." Sam rushed over and gave me a hug.

"No, Sam. This is incredible. I love it! Thank you. Thank you guys!" Everyone rushed over for a group hug. Evan Sawyer.

I looked around at everything in the room. A rocking chair, a hamper, a cloud mobile. Everything was just perfect. I couldn't ask for a better nursery or better friends.

Life, Not As It Used To Beजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें