Chapter 17: You're Safe Now

Today I am find out what I am having. I am actually really excited. I have been putting this off for a while now. I can't believe I am actually doing it now.

I sent a text message to Sawyer to let him know. "I have a doctors appointment today. I will be finding out the gender if you want to come."

I sent that message two hours before my appointment. I got no response. So I am now on my way to the appointment with my friends.

Waiting in the waiting room is what gets to me the most. I can't stand people looking at me like I am some freak. I normally come alone and this appointment was suppose to be with my parents.

"Adriana Lain," The nurse called my name. We all got up and followed her. "You got an audience today, don't you?"

"Yes mam, I do. We are here to find out the gender." I could hold back my excitement.

"Oh well today's a big day then," she said taking my vitals.

"How does everything look so far?" Chase asked.

"Everything is good as I can see. The doctor will be in a minute to do the ultrasound." said the nurse.

We all nodded our head. "Thank you." I told her as she walked out the door.

"Okay, what do yall think? Boy or girl?" I asked looking around the room.

"Boy," Kayla said.

"Boy," said Chase.

"I think it will be a girl," said Sam.

"What no! Do you not see how low she is carrying. It is definitely a boy." Kayla yelled at Sam.

"Guys, stop! We will find out in a minute." I told them.

"Well, what do you think?" Chase asked.

"I don't mind if it is a boy or girl, as long as he or she is healthy." I told them truthfully. I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed it. "I will love him or her no matter what."

Just then Dr. Linda walked in. "Well you are about to find out."

I pulled my shirt up and laid back. She turned the machine on and put the oh so cold gel on my stomach. She then began looking at the baby. We all turned our heads toward the big TV screen in the room.

"Well, baby is healthy. Baby is about 13 and ½ inches long and weighs about 1 and ½ pounds. You ready to find out if she is a she or he is a he?" Dr. Linda asked after she informed us on how the baby was growing.

"Yes!" Everyone was pretty much on the edge of their seats.

"Well, Miss Lain. I would like to be the first to congratulate you on have a baby girl!" She said smiling.

I immediately started crying.

Mom, Dad did you hear that? I am having a little girl. You will have a granddaughter.

"I told you I thought it was a girl. I was the only one too." said Sam. I was too busy looking at the pictures Dr. Linda gave me to listen to the rest.

Dr. Linda wanted to do some test and make sure everything was still good. Afterwards we headed back home.

"Hey, I will be right back. I am going over to Sawyer's" I told Kayla. The boys were already in the house.

"Okay."

I knocked on the door and waited. I had the ultrasound photos in my hands and I just stared down at them. Sawyer evently came to the door.

"Hey. Sorry I was asleep when you sent that text. How did it go?" He asked.

"We're having a girl," is all I said.

Sawyer looked down at my hands. I held the 3D picture of her up so he could see it. "How could you walk away from that Sawyer? I know you don't really like me but that is your child. I stepped up to my responsibility, when are you?" I handed him a copy of the ultrasound and walked off.

I walked into the house just as my phone went off.

"Hello?"

"Adriana! Someone is trying to hurt me! I don't know where Mama is! I can't see anything, the apartment is full of smoke! Help me please!" I could hear the fear in Olivia's voice.

"Calm down Olivia. It will be okay. Let me call someone to come help, okay? Stay on the phone, do you hear me?" I told her.

"Yes! Adriana, please come get me. I don't want to be here."

"I will be there as soon as I can but we need to get you out of there first."

"What's going on?" asked Sam.

"Hand me your phone." He handed me his phone.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on." He asked again.

"My sister is in danger. I have to help her." I called the cops.

I didn't even give them time to finish speaking. "My name is Adriana Lain. My parents were murdered by some unknown person last week and that person is now targeting my little sister with a bomb in New York. Get someone out there now!"

"Yes mam. Do you know the address?" The man asked. I gave him the address. "We will have someone dispatched out there right away. Don't you worry."

"Don't tell me not to worry! That is my little sister. I already lost my parents, I'm not losing her too!" I snapped.

Sam's facial expression quickly changed. I don't get mad that often but when I do I try to stay away from people.

I hung up on the dispatcher. I needed to get to my sister.

"Hold on Olivia. Let me call you on a different phone." I told her.

"Okay." We hung up and I called her on Sam's phone.

"I want you to stay talking to my friend Sam, okay? I am coming to get you."

"Okay. Please hurry, I'm scared!" She started to cry.

"I know but listen, you have to stay strong. Talk to Sam and I will be there as soon as I can. I love you!"

"I love you too." She said. I handed the phone over to Sam.

"Try and keep her calm. I am going to get her." I then ran out the door to the airport. I wasn't taking no three hour flight this time. I jumped on my family's private jet. It cut the time in half.

I got into a taxi and told him to step on it. When we arrived the police and fire department were there.

"Where is my sister?" I yelled. "Where is she? Where is my sister?"

"Adriana!" Olivia came running up to me.

"Oh thank you Jesus!" I wrapped my arms around her and didn't want to let go. She was still on the phone with Sam, so I grabbed the phone.

"Sam? I got her. She is safe. I am safe too. We will be heading back home after I talk to the police."

Sam let out a sigh. "Oh thank God! I was beginning to worry. Please be safe."

"I will. Bye." I hung up the phone and went to talk to the police.

"You must be Adriana." The officer said.

"Yeah?"

"You called just in time. The bomb was about to go off. We were able to go in there, get everyone out, and shut it off before it went off. You are a hero tonight." said the officer.

"Oh no Officer. I'm not the hero here. If Olivia didn't call when she didn't I wouldn't have known about the bomb. I was just trying to protect my sister. Do you know who is behind this?" I asked.

"No mam, I'm sorry. We don't know anything." He said.

"Well, if you don't mind I am going to take my little sister home." I started to walk away when I remembered something. "If her mom comes back, tell her that she didn't keep a good eye on her." He nodded and we walked off. We got in the taxi and went to the airport and got on the jet.

"You're safe now don't worry." I kissed the top of her head as she fell asleep on my lap.