23. Pick-Up Lines

We danced and drank until we could barely stand up without stumbling. It was evident that we both had way too much to drink. The bartenders stopped handing us out drinks because of this, which we should've been really thankful for. If I would've had one more drink, I'd probably be puking for the rest of my lifetime. I hadn't ever been so drunk in my life. My words were falling altogether and it seemed like the only things I was able to do was walk and laugh.

As for Arden, she was just as drunk as me but I think she handled her liquor a little bit better. As we exited the club, she was the one making sure that I didn't fall in my stilettos. It was a good thing that I had her as a crutch because the paparazzi was all outside. If Arden wasn't with me, I'd probably make a fool out of myself in front of all the cameras. The paparazzi somewhat caught me off guard because they weren't there when we first entered the nightclub. They must've gotten a tip that we were there. I imagined them waiting outside of the clubs for hours, awaiting for our exit. 

The paparazzi pointed and flashed their cameras right in our faces as if they hadn't seen of us in ages. Since we've been in Melbourne, I guess we had been laying a bit low. I wasn't doing much on social media because I was too focused on Arden and her family. But today, we were sure to be the headline of some ridiculous article. They asked me a ton of questions, but all I did was laugh in their faces. They looked so funny with my blurry vision.

"Hey! Let's see if I can pose just as well as you, kitten," I heard Arden yell over the questions from the reporters. She let go of me and I nearly fell over but I caught my balance just in time. As I regained my posture, Arden began posing for the pictures that the paparazzi was snapping. My stupid, drunk little laugh got louder as I watched my girlfriend do the goofiest poses I've ever seen in my life! I was drunk and could barely stand on my feet and could still do better!

The paparazzi was eating this up and I knew Arden was going to be a main topic on TMZ by the morning. Tomorrow she'd probably wake up with nothing but embarrassment. So, to be a good girlfriend, I joined in the humiliation as well. I began posing with my girlfriend, striking awkward poses that I knew were absolutely hideous. Some of the reporters were loving every second of it as others just began walking away since they weren't getting any juicy details. All we were giving to them was silly f-cking poses and I guess that wasn't good enough for them.

Once we ran out of poses and the functionality to even control our bodies, Arden wrapped her arm around me and led me to the car where we had a chauffeur. Arden sloppily got into the car first and she slowly slid her way to the corner. Instead of getting in, I literally fell into the backseat like an idiot. I fell right on Arden and my head landed on her lap. In the corner of my eye, I could see the driver rolling his eyes before closing the door. "Put on your seatbelt, kitten," Arden's responsible drunk side told me as she buckled herself up. I was still laying across the backseat with my head on her lap. I didn't even think I could sit up. It was like my body had malfunctioned.

She chuckled as she stared down at me. When she saw I wasn't going to move, she helped me sit up and even buckled me in like a child. I was a bit upset although because it seemed like there was a huge gap between us. I reached my hand over to her with a childish pout. "Baby! You're so far away!"

"I'm right here, kitten," she calmed me as she took my hand. She brought it to her lips and gave it a soft kiss. I giggled as she caressed her thumb against the back of my hand and I leaned into her. That's when I realized there was no gap between us. I was literally sitting right beside her!

When we got back to her mother's place, all of the lights were out. As if we were sneaky teenagers, we snuck in as quietly as we could as we somewhat loudly shushed each other. I had taken off my heels and was tiptoeing into her house with a stupid grin on my face. Arden followed behind me with a finger to her lips. She closed the door a little too loudly. "Dammit," I heard her say behind me. I quickly turned to face her and shushed her.