20. Fishing

Proving myself to Sofia was the main thing on my mind. I took my sister seriously with her threats. If she ever so much senses something weird in Mira and I's relationship or thinks that for some reason I'm not treating her right, she will spill the beans and ruin everything. I really couldn't blame her because of past mistakes, but I just wished she would trust me a bit more. When I say I love Mira, I mean it from the depths of my soul. It just sucked that no one really believed that, possibility not even Mira. People always see me as the daring and charming villain in the media.

Since we had basically the whole week free to roam around my hometown, I decided to start things off a little light. When I was younger, fishing with my brother, sister and mum was my favorite thing to do. We would compete on who would catch the biggest fish or the most fish and if our catches were good enough they'd be served up for dinner. Since fishing was a childhood hobby, every time I came back home I made sure that I did a bit of fishing here or there. So, I decided on taking Mira out to fish with me and unfortunately my sister.

I wanted the event to just be with me and Mira so it could be personal and romantic, but I knew I had to invite my sister. She needed to see how I acted around my girlfriend. Sofia needed her proof and she was going to get it so she could get off of my ass and not tell Mira anything about my past. I was burying certain things for a reason and I didn't need my sister bringing sh-t back up. Out of generosity, I invited my brother as well but thankfully Atticus had to work. Now, I had to only deal with one annoying sibling instead of two.

We went to one of my favorite fishing spots. The amount of people that fished there was very little and the people who did fish the waters were old as hell so most of the time they didn't know me. I didn't have to worry about getting pestered or getting unpleasant pictures taken of me by the paparazzi. The pier was chill and the people who did know me were nice enough to treat me like an actual person. Sure there were a couple of times when grandparents forced their granddaughters and grandsons on fishing trips, which would lead me to get almost attacked by fans but that was very seldom.

Luckily, today the pier was nearly vacant. There were only two old guys fishing together and laughing. By how close they were, I could tell they were probably the best of friends. They were actually probably getting a break from their nagging wives. I shook my head to myself at the thought of being married for so long that I grew old with someone. How did you not get tired of that person after the first five years of being married? I just didn't understand it. Hopefully as I get older, it'll make more sense to me. I loved Mira, but marriage still scared the f-ck out of me. If we went on to date for years, then the big question was going to be hard to just pop out.

"How good are you at fishing, Mira," Sofia asked my girlfriend as we walked unto the pier. I looked over to Mira to see what her answer was. I'm pretty sure she had been fishing before. I mean, who hasn't?

A slight blush came onto the Hungarian girl's face and she looked down at the wooden pier. With a shrug of her shoulders and simple shake of the head, she answered the question. "I'm not sure. I've never been fishing before. My father used to go but I always made excuses for not going. I'm not sure how I feel about touching worms to put them on a hook."

I laughed a little bit and so did Sofia. It was hilarious that the reason she never went fishing was because she didn't want to put a worm on a hook. "There's other things you can catch fish with, kitten. You can use bacon, cheese, liver, shrimp and other stuff like that but of course we're using worms." I teasingly brought the bucket of worms up to her view and she squirmed away. As I shook my head, I also chuckled at her. She was too adorable sometimes. "Come on, it's just worms. They're not going to hurt you or anything. If it makes you feel better, I'll put them on the hook so you don't have to."