The Window Talks

Yoooo so it's come between Niam and Ziam i think. equally voted for o.O why you gotta make this so hard?

Also I freaking love Loca the pug. If you haven't seen that video you are missing out on one of the best things ever.

Also if you could maybe check out my story 'Stay' i'd really appreciate it

Also I've decided this will be a short story, thats why things are moving fast. or faster.

Ziam

or

Niam

Harry waited for Louis in the meadow the next day and the next, and the next day after that, but Louis never showed up. It made him antsy and worried. He knew that Louis was safe at home, but the itch and urge to see him buzzed under his skin. 

It was around five o'clock on the third day when Harry couldn't help himself any longer. Louis still hadn't shown up so Harry decided to go to him. If only just to watch from the forest lining. 

As he took of running through the trees he calmed down the closer he got to Louis' house. He slowed when he got to the tree line, not crossing it just incase Louis' mother saw him. Yes she knew of him, but if she saw him staring into Louis' bedroom window, well, she might chase him off, or worse, call animal control. He shivered at the thought.

So he sat next to a tree as close as he could get to Louis' window and waited. Harry could smell him, and could smell his tears. Harry whimpered at the thought of his mate crying. Louis should never be sad. 

~~~

Louis woke up that morning with a headache and puffy eyes. He groaned and squished his face into the pillow he was cuddling and laid in bed for a couple more minutes. 

Once the throbbing of his head really got to him he swung his legs over the side of his bed and made his way downstairs to make a cup of tea. His mother was at their small dining table, reading a book and she looked up when he walked in.

"Good morning." She greeted quietly. 

Louis stayed quiet. He was upset with her. He understood, kind of, but that didn't mean he wasn't upset. 

He put the kettle on the stove and grabbed a mug and tea bag from the cabinet. Jay sighed, she figured he would ignore her.

When the tea was done, Louis escaped back up to his room. The hours passed slowly, Louis watched shows on his computer to pass the time. Summer would feel like an eternity if he spent all his time cooped up in a house while his mother watched him like a hawk. And unfortunately a lot of Jay's job was done from home. 

She allowed him to go out of course, just not without her by his side.

Louis just wanted to go to the meadow.

It was four thirty in the afternoon when Louis was tired of laying in his bed. He quickly went downstairs, made a cup of tea, then retreated to his room again. He grabbed a book off of his shelf and sat in his window seat. When he looked out his window he stared through the trees as if trying to see the meadow, he sighed and looked down to his book and cup of tea. 

He was half way through the first chapter when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. He figured it was a bird so he kept reading, however the object in question kept moving. He turned his head to look out the window, only to see Harry jumping about near a tree. 

His eyes widened and he burst out laughing. Harry looked so ridiculous, he was on his hind legs one second, then on his front bucking his back legs like a horse the next. He looked like Loca the pug.

Harry stopped jumping about when he heard Louis' wonderful laugh. He looked up to the window that housed his mate and sat on his haunches, panting. 

Louis opened the window, still laughing, unable to get the image seconds prior from his head. 

"You are a special wolf Harry." Louis said through his giggles.

Harry huffed and shook out his fur. 

"What are you doing here?" Louis couldn't help but ask. "Not like I don't want you here, but you know."

Harry only shook out his fur again and laid on the ground, still looking up to Louis in the window. 

Louis smiled, "okay." He said quietly. He put his book to the side and picked up his cup of tea to take a few sips. 

And they sat together like that until Louis needed to go to sleep. 

~~~~

The next weeks followed similarly.

Harry would come as close to Louis window as he could, inching his way closer every passing day, and Louis would sit in his window seat and talk to him. 

Louis had no doubt his mother knew what was going on, he was just glad that she didn't say anything. 

Jay was fine as long as Harry didn't get close to Louis physically. Not while still only in his wolf form. She could see Louis talking to Harry from the kitchen window, she watched how relaxed they both were, basking in each others company. Louis had forgiven her the week before and he was happier. Not as happy as he could be, but he'd take what he could get.

~~~~

"I'm starting school tomorrow." Louis said quietly.

Harry raised his head from his paws.

Louis sniffled. He could feel his throat closing up and his eyes watering. God he was such a drama queen. He took a deep breath to calm down and he rubbed his face. Crying won't get him anywhere.

"I really don't want to go."

Harry felt bad for his little mate. Was his past school experience so bad that he couldn't even give a new school a chance? 

And as if Louis read his thoughts he spoke, "my last school... They weren't nice to me. They called me names, and they pushed me around, and they hit me." He got quieter and quieter.

Harry was growling lowly in his throat, thankfully not loud enough for Louis to hear. He was livid. How could those people do that to his beautiful mate. They should have worshipped Louis and the very ground he walked on. Louis was sweet and beautiful and kind and funny. Harry could go endlessly. 

He wanted to find them, and then rip their throats out. 

"Harry what if they do that to me here? Everyone already has friend groups, I'm not going to fit in anywhere."

Over Harry's dead body.

Harry would make sure that Louis has plenty of friends, and make sure that he's loved, and if anyone so dared to lay a finger on him it would be the end of them. 

Harry growled quietly at Louis then whimpered. Louis looked to him and smiled. 

"At least you're here yeah? We'll still hang out like this and talk?"

Harry huffed loudly in agreement.