The Forest

Louis slept in until noon the day after his move. When he woke up his mother was gone, and left a note on the fridge, she went to work. Louis quickly made himself a bowl of cereal, practically inhaling it then went upstairs to get dressed.

He was going to go explore.

After locking up the house Louis stepped through the back door and made his way to the edge of the forest. Because Louis was new to the area he brought a pack of sticky notes with him to leave on the trees. If they would stick that is.

He stepped into the forest, sticky notes in hand and began his adventure. Every few meters he would place a sticky not on a tree or the ground to remind him of the path he took. Although he hadn't really veered of his straight path, but with trees going for miles and no sense of direction you may end up taking a few turns on accident.

It was about an hour into his walk that Louis stumbled upon a clearing. A meadow, it was weirdly circular with brightly colored bunches of flowers strewn randomly among the tall grass. It looked ethereal and Louis couldn't get enough.

He sat directly in the middle of the clearing and then sprawled out on his back heaving a sigh. The sky was a beautiful blue with the occasional cloud, the breeze was just enough to keep Louis cool as the sun beat down onto him. He closed his eyes, just listening to the chirping of birds and the rustle of the leaves on the trees.

~*~*~*~*~
Harry was once again making his way through the forest in his wolf form. His paws clawing at the ground in his trot, it was one of the best feelings in his opinion. Running free through the forest, no sounds except the thumping of paws and the birds in the trees.

He was making his way to his meadow when he skidded to a stop and sniffed the air. His mate was in the forest. He shot off like a rocket at the thought, following the scent.

The scent of his mate was strongest then he reached the meadow. Slowing to a walk, Harry stalked around the surrounding trees. His mate was laying in the grass, spread out like a starfish. It was adorable, but he wasn't moving. Was he asleep? Was he dead?!

Harry slowly made his way over to his mate, trying to to make a sound, afraid of scaring him. Every couple seconds he would tip toe his way forward a couple inches then sit and stare. He was soon right near his mates head, peering over him.

His mate let out a sigh, then his head lolled to the side, his mouth parted slightly, letting out small snores. Harry's heart was almost beating out of his chest, his mate was perfect. He lowered his muzzle into his mates neck, taking in the sweet smell then let out a huff.

Louis face scrunched up as he felt something prod his neck and face. It was prickly and made him giggle slightly as he woke from his nap.

"Mum," he slurred. "Stop it." He then reached out a hand to swat away at the sensation, only to be met with a tiny growl and huff.

His eyes snapped open and his head turned, coming face to face with a wolf that could easily be as big as those from the twilight movies.

He let out a scream and scrambled up to his feet, backing away slowly, never taking his eyes of the wolf that was sitting much like a dog would obeying its owner.

How was that possible? How could a wolf ever grow to that size? It was huge and Louis had no chance if he tried to run, there was no way he could survive it.

But Louis being Louis, he slowly started to turn, getting ready to sprint like he never had in his life.

As soon as Harry noticed his mate moving to turn he whimpered. A loud whine that echoed through the circular meadow. His mate froze at the sound. And Harry laid down onto his stomach, with his head on his front paws and began scooting himself forward towards his mate.