Chapter 34 - I Can't Just Let You Leave

Song - Stay Awake - London Grammar

"Thanks again for having me at your home Theodore." I said politely shaking his hand.

He smiled warmly at me "Believe me the pleasure is all mine. I really wish my son would visit more. And bring you with him."

That statement made me a lot happier than I was willing to admit. The last of our bags were hauled into the trunk of the car and Axel called out "We have to get to the airport. Stop kissing up to my father Kendall."

I rolled my eyes while Theodore chuckled "Make sure he doesn't drive you crazy."

"Oh I've got it covered." I replied dryly. He gave me one last pat on the back before going to meet my very impatient boyfriend.

Timothy was driving us to the airport today. I shuffled to the backseat of the town car where Axel was already and glared at him.

"What?" He asked looking confused at my expression.

"Did you have to act like a rude little brat while I was talking with your dad?" I asked still glaring.

The bastard had the audacity to shrug "We were going to be late."

I huffed "You know must people would be glad to know that their boyfriend gets along with their family. It gives me the assurance thag we might last a lot longer without any more resistance."

Axel was silent and I decided to look outside the window so as not to face him yet. I didn't know what his problem was.

"You know my mom would have loved you too." He said quietly after a while.

My raging irritation softened and I turned to face him. He was staring quite intently as his watch.

"Really?"

Axel nodded "I can see it perfectly: you'd both run off together giggling and gossiping about me as a child. You'd talk about artists and authors since you both had those interests in common." He sighed and closed his eyes.

I placed my hand on his causing him to open his eyes "It's not that I don't love that you get along so well with my father, I just wish it wasn't only him you met. That you had met her."

"It's ok." I whispered softly to him,  placing my head on his left shoulder. My hair brushed his nose slightly  "I would have loved to meet her also."

"Just as I'd love to meet your Mom. Do you think we'd get along?" Axel asked softly into my hair.

I shrugged "Maybe. She's also got a thing for boats."

"And her son has a thing for breaking into them too." He said with a grin. I glared at him.

"We're not sticking to that story just so you know." I warned him. There was no need for my mother to know thag I met the love of my life playing a prank while I was high. Well partially high.

He laughed "Ok. I know. We just happened to meet at the docks."

Detective Palin had called a few days ago to say that Mara managed to get off their radar for some reason. He assured that they would find her soon and that I shouldn't worry too much but also be careful. The news was almost enough to make me cancel the trip back home but I decided against it. I was going to tell my mother the whole truth, no interruptions. Not even from my sister. She didn't have that hold on me any longer.

We arrived at Gatwick Airport just in time and checked in all our luggage before boarding the plane. Axel had booked first class tickets for us and while I wanted to protest I didn't because it seemed quite unnecessary for me to do so. I knew he wouldn't listen to me anyway. Plus I always wanted to experience first class.

"Would you like something to drink before we depart sir?" An air hostess asked me as soon as we were seated on the plane.

So far I noticed that most of the seats on first class were singular but Axel and I were facing opposite one another. I preferred it this way so that we together.

"Just water please." I replied curling my lip. I was handed a bottle of water.

Yep. This was so much better than economy by far.

She turned to Axel but he shook his head before she could speak as he was intently concentrating on the travel sized copy of The Guardian he was reading.

I rested my head on the chair behind and closed my eyes right before the pilot announced that we would be taking off.

"Are you alright dear?" Axel asked forcing my to open my eyes once more. He had dropped his newspaper to the side.

"I'm fine. Just prefer not to be conscious for this part." I huffed out air from my chest. I wasn't afraid of flying or anything, it's just that long flights were exhaustive and sleeping through it made me cope better.

"Sure. I'll wake you up before the meal." Axel promised just before I ran into Sleep's awaiting arms.

Sorry for the short and late update but the next chapter will be far longer and better and the next phase of drama will begin then (dun dun dun) . How do you think Kendall's mom and family will react to his arrival?