Chapter 28 - Beautiful Scars On Critical Veins (ii)

Song - Better Than I Know Myself - Adam Lambert.

I don't even need to warn y'all about sexual content anymore. ; ) Plus emotional triggers also. Dedicated to TripleJxskittles because well bae; )

I didn't say a single word as Axel bundled me up into the the backseat of the car.

My face was cold and still wet with tears but I made no movement other than shivering because of how cold it had been on the sidewalk.

Axel had held me without shame as I cried into his chest without lessening his hold on me. That would probably be one of the weakest moments in my life for a long time, but he held me right through it. This man.

"Do you want anything to eat?" He asked softly as we drove home. I shook my head slowly without saying anything. I stared ahead at the dashboard, pretending to focus on the road ahead. In reality, I couldn't focus on anything at all. My mind was blank. Filled with nothing. Void.

We reached the Axel's house a little while later and I sat in the car even after we had stopped until he came to my side and helped me out. After then I blindly followed as he led me up to the penthouse.

"Are you ok?" He asked tentatively as I walked towards the bedroom. I didn't reply to that "I just really want to take a nap."

Axel nodded kissing my forehead gently "You do that. There's something I need to sort out."

I nodded ardently walking to the bedroom and immediately stripping. I didn't even bother wearing my sleep clothes before collapsing unto the bed and into a dreamless sleep.

*********
I woke up a few hours and felt a lot better than I did previously. It must have been a pretty long time because I noticed that it was already dark outside.

I blinked sleepily several times before standing up from the bed and exhaling loudly. I looked around the bedroom and saw one of Axel's shirts folded neatly beside my sweatpants on the small table beside his shelf where all the vinyls were arranged. I picked them up wearing them before heading off to the living room where I assumed my boyfriend was currently waiting in.

The nap did make me feel a lot better than I did previously but the incident which occurred earlier weighed heavy in my heart.

I saw Axel, already changed into comfy clothes, in the kitchen dishing up what appeared to be a pasta dish. I was internally grateful that he took up the initiative to make dinner since I was not in the mood at all. I walked carefully not wanting to alert him of my presence then wrapped my arms around his waist and breathed his earthy but still sharp cologne in. "Hi."

Axel, only slightly startled, turned around and hugged me "How do you feel love?"

"A bit better now." I replied snuggling into his chest. We both knew that I wasn't talking about the Mara thing at all in reference to feeling better.

He held me for a little while longer before kissing my forehead "Come on. You need to eat something."

I grumpily agreed dragging my feet to the polished dining table instead of the breakfast bar where we usually ate mostly if we were alone.

He placed the surprising appetizing pasta tomato and cheese petinni in front of me with a glass of water before setting one down for himself. I dug in hungrily since I hadn't eaten for a while.

Axel watched me closely as we both ate in silence. The silence wasn't uncomfortable; it was more of a build-up of what I knew was coming eventually.