The Fights

The days went on. Things started to go back to their semi-normal state. People still whispered rumors about me. There was one where the whole thing about me lying to the school was faked. I couldn’t agree more to that rumor. It isn’t even a rumor, but it is the truth. Derek’s ego went very high. I saw him kissing Amber all the time. I think that it was a planned kiss, though. I also caught Derek at a restaurant kissing a guy from across the table. I left after seeing it. I don’t hate Derek now, but I do hate his actions. I wonder if that makes sense. Derek hadn’t said one word to me . . . until today.

“So, you jealous?” He asked me from behind.

I whirled around to see him about four yards away. “Of Amber? Yes, I want to be Amber! She is my hero!” I cried. I cracked a smile at the sarcasm.

He shook his head in annoyance. But, I did see a bit of fun in his eyes. “Why don’t you just admit it now?”

“Because, my dear Derek, I have seen your boyfriend,” I shot back playfully. I tried to recall the image of the guy he was kissing. “He is tall with black hair. He looked ripped. I can’t add anymore because, truthfully, I did not get an up close view. Does my description fit anyone Derek?” I asked innocently.

I noticed his fits clench. “You don’t know me! You have no idea what is going on!” He shouted. Some faces turned to him. I was playing with fire, I could tell. But, Derek needed to know that he isn’t all that he thinks he is.

“Oh, really? Because, I think you are going out with Amber just to keep up an image! You have a secret boyfriend because you are too afraid to tell anyone about it! You are scared they are going to turn their backs on you!” I shouted. Maybe that was a bit too loud. Oh well, Derek deserves it.

Then, he grabbed my arm, and dragged me across the lawn. We stood under a tree, getting ready to shoot words at each other. He made sure no one could hear us.

“What do you want from me?” I asked him seriously.

He looked me in the eye and said, “I want to go out again!”

I almost started laughing. “You want to dump Amber and fake go out with me? Does she not want to wait for the sex that will never happen?” I challenged.

“I just want the way things were!” He shouted.

I narrowed my eyes, “They can never be that way. Amber would just say that she broke up with you. Then she would tell everyone that I was on my knees begging for you to come back. I don’t think I can really deal with that right now,” My voice turned to a whisper.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean for any of this to happen!”

“Can you answer one question truthfully for me?” I asked him. He nodded and I went on asking, “Are you really gay?”

I saw his body stiffen. He nodded, “I am. I think,” I saw his face get red. He was confused. Very confused.

That night I had trouble sleeping. I decided I would go on a walk, even though it was three in the morning. I needed fresh air.   I went jogging down the street. I didn’t stop until I got to our school. I wonder what made me go here.

((So I got bored and decided to add something fun.))

I walked into the parking lot. I saw one lonely car in the parking lot. I scowled. What loser would be here three in the morning?! The car was a red jeep. I recognized the car. It was some guy on the football team’s car. What would he be doing here? I slowly crept my way up to the car. Then I heard moans. Wow, that’s just sad. Then, I heard the guy say . . . Amber. I had to press my hand to my mouth to stop myself from laughing. Then, I heard the window roll down on the car.

“What?” I heard the guy say. He sounded a bit mad that she stopped.

“I thought I heard something,” She whispered as she looked out the window.

Then I grabbed my phone, turned on the camera, and jumped up to take pictures of the wonderful Amber. They had started kissing again, but they stopped once they saw me. Once they stopped me, I ran as fast as I could. I heard footsteps behind me, but they quickly stopped.

I laughed as I ran to my house. Turns out that my jog was beneficial. There was no time to waste. I printed out about fifty copies. Tomorrow is going to be fun!

The next day during lunch hour, I start flinging the papers all around the school. The caption at the bottom says Karma sucks! It is true! Karma does suck.

As soon as lunch was over, everyone was talking about the mysterious signs around the school. I heard Amber screaming half away across the school! I started laughing. I heard the clanking of her four inch heels coming towards me. Then I saw her. Her face was red and blotchy. I started cracking up.

Then, I saw her raise her fist to my face. I was so surprised! She punched me on the cheek! I felt nauseas. Then, I blacked out.

I woke up to see a familiar face slapping me awake. Derek. I was on the ground with about fifty faces surrounding me. Did I seriously get knocked out by her?! I feel so stupid! I swear, the next time I see her, she will be sorry!

“Juliet? Are you okay?” He asked me.

My head throbbed. I squeezed my eyes shut. I groaned. “This sucks! Who knew that she could punch?” I whispered.

Derek chuckled and picked me up. I didn’t protest. The next thing I know I am laying on the nurses bed holding an ice pack.

____________________________

Comment vote and fan!