The Big Lie that Sparks a BOOM!

The next morning I dragged myself out of bed. It was going to be a long day. By now everyone knows my pity dating, Derek’s gay hooker, and Derek being gay. Amber probably decided that ruining his life would be funny.

When I got to school, everyone started staring at me. Their minds probably were saying, ‘Who let that desperate freak back in here?’ I felt like an outsider. I walked down the hall with my head high. I don’t let words hurt me as much as actions.

Then, someone grabbed me by the shoulder and put a hand over my mouth. They slung me into a closet with the lights out. I screamed into the hand. They turned on the lights and I was suddenly a bit calmer. I said a bit. There was Derek. He looked pale with blood shot eyes. I mentally groaned.

“Do you know what you have DONE?!” He yelled at me.

I gasped, “What I’ve done?! Amber is going to have power over me now. She can say ‘Guess what Juliet, I slept with your fake gay boyfriend!’ Do you have any idea how stupid I feel?!” I shot back.

“Everyone thinks I am a guy who has a boyfriend, who is a hooker, and a fake girlfriend. I feel stupid for what I did. I should’ve never done that,” He sounded sincere.

I narrowed my eyes, “You caused more damage than it was worth. By Derek,” I muttered as I left the closet.

The day went slowly. I felt terrible. I didn’t really talk at all. Everyone was both supportive and kind to me or said I was pathetic and a loser. The only thing that came out of it was Jeremy. But, now that I think about it, I really didn’t care about Jeremy. Maybe I will feel different about him some other day.

At lunch Derek sat by me. Before my friends could sit down, I motioned them to sit somewhere else for a bit.

“I need you to tell everyone you were lying. I need you to say it was an inside joke. That is the only way I can face this school again. Please!” He whispered.

I thought for a moment. “Why can’t you just expect that your gay?! Answer me that, and I will say it was a joke,” I whispered.

Derek looked down as he said, “Because, I like having friends. I do expect it!”

I nodded. “Go away, I will spread that it was a joke.”

He nodded and walked away. I sighed and jumped onto the top of the table and shouted, “HEY EVERYONE!” Every single head turned towards me. The room was silent. Here goes nothing! “I have to tell you that Derek really isn’t gay! I was just SO mad when I saw Derek all over the dirty-tramp Amber. So sorry everyone!” I yelled and sat down by all my friends.

I sighed and laid my head on the table. There, I did it. Derek could now live a happy-go-lucky life. I, on the other hand, had to live with people calling me a liar.

“You were lying, weren’t you?” asked Kirk.

I nodded, “Don’t tell. Derek sounded desperate. Now I will be the little liar of school. Amber will also get some crap, but not as much. She even put my name in the story! I hate this! Derek is now known as the guy with the lying ex and now has the “beautiful” Amber!” I wailed. I was on the verge of tears but I had to be strong.

That night I didn’t sleep well at all. At about three in the morning, I woke up. I didn’t get back to sleep. Then, I heard a knock at the door from downstairs. Who on earth would be at my door at this time?! I slowly went down the stairs holding a baseball bat as a weapon. I slowly opened the door to see . . . Derek?!

I went outside and closed the door behind me. I wouldn’t let him in my house after what happened. “What are you doing here?!” I half shouted, half whispered.

“I just wanted to say I am so sorry.”

“So what makes you think that coming here in the middle of the night and telling me that is going to make a difference? I am now the liar of the school. You are the huge player. You think that just saying that is going to make a difference? You are gay! You don’t even realize that now Amber thinks you’re going out with her!” I shouted. It was harsh, but could you blame me?

Derek sighed and looked down at his feet. “I know I was stupid, but can we at least be friends? This whole thing turned out to be wrong, so let’s just act like it never happened.”

“You mean when we didn’t even know each other?” I asked him.

“No!” He quickly said. “I just don’t want us to hate each other.”

“Go home Derek. You shouldn’t have come,” I whispered sadly. My heart was sad, but it was for my own good. Sometimes you have to think about what is best for you.

Derek nodded and walked away into the night sadly. The day was already turning out terrible.

 I went to school the next morning, only to be caught by Amber and her crew. I recognized the two followers. There was a tall Asian and a pink-to-the-max girl.

“I heard that you told everyone that it was just out of anger that you said those things. Is that true?” Amber demanded.

“I don’t answer to tramps,” I said and tried to walk past them, but the pink girl caught my wrist.

“I don’t think so!” the pink girl chirped.

Amber stood in front of me again. “I just want you to know, Derek is mine! Stay away!” She warned me. Then, with that, she walked away.

I started laughing. Amber is no threat. And, she didn’t know the most important thing. Derek is gay! 

"So she really cornered you like that?" Sun asked me.

I nodded, "I guess she just doesn't like to face the truth."

__________________________________

YAY!! I had a great day yesterday and I thought hey, why not! So here it is. I cant promise you anything WONDERFUL but I did it. Comment vote and fan and I am SO SORRY THAT I PUT IT ON HOLD